Vertical Zoom on Arrange View with this Max4Live plug in

Learn about building and using Max for Live devices.
kdogg456

Vertical Zoom on Arrange View with this Max4Live plug in

Post by kdogg456 » Sun Feb 21, 2016 12:24 am

These guys are geniuses, my biggest gripe with Ableton has always been lack of a vertical zoom shortcut for the arrange view. These guys solved it with this max4live plug in - http://www.noisemaker.academy/vertical- ... shortcuts/

It really works and now I'm not as envious of Logic or Cubase in the arrange view. Nothing can beat the speed and flow of Ableton and this really adds to this experience for me. I hope they incorporate this into a future version without the need of this plug in.

doublestop

Re: Vertical Zoom on Arrange View with this Max4Live plug in

Post by doublestop » Sun Feb 21, 2016 11:31 am

Very Nice!!!! Thank you! Just installed it on my Mac with Yosemite - The tool Works great!
The only note I might add is that I for some reason Live (9.6) would not let me use "+" (I had to use "=" instead) The opposite was true of the "-" key. I had to use (Shift+"-") . No error message, just no keyboard shortcut would be added to the list.

I am using a standard Apple bluetooth keybaord, so maybe there is something peculiar to that device?

Anyway, That seemed kludgy and hard to remember - so I opted for "<" and ">" instead... (and Option+< and Option+> for the global expand/contract keys) .

Nice tool!

Stromkraft

Re: Vertical Zoom on Arrange View with this Max4Live plug in

Post by Stromkraft » Mon Feb 29, 2016 5:57 pm

kdogg456 wrote:lack of a vertical zoom shortcut for the arrange view.
Unless I'm missing something with the implementation in this device and how they implemented, if you use Push and PXT Live this feature is accessible from the Push. I suppose it would be good from the keyboard as well.
Make some music!