Need to map multiple tracks record arm to single button

Learn about building and using Max for Live devices.
EarHax

Need to map multiple tracks record arm to single button

Post by EarHax » Mon Apr 25, 2016 4:56 am

I'm in need of a way to map the record arm button of multiple tracks to one m4l device button.

Is there any existing device that will allow me to do this? Does anyone know if/how you can make a device that will do this?

I've seen devices that can map one or several track controls to a knob with either a 1-100 or 1-127 value like a macro control. But I haven't been able to find any way to map a button to toggle the record arm for several different tracks.

The reason this is needed: I have a very elaborate set with multiple groups of audio and midi tracks to manage MIDI and audio recording of a multi-output virtual drummer plugin. It's really tedious to unfold all of the groups for each of the different drums to record arm the MIDI or audio tracks individually.

Alternatively, if I could use a m4l device to output an assignable MIDI CC which live would read as input from a MIDI controller, I could map the various record arm buttons to a MIDI CC, then use the button on the m4l device to control that CC as if it were an external MIDI controller.

Basically, I have a number of different situations like this where I need to control multiple toggles of various parameters on different tracks in live, and am trying to avoid needing to rely on external MIDI controllers because, when I'm on the go, I won't have those devices with me - just my laptop.

Please help if you can. Thank you!