Sonic Faction Tricky Traps

Learn about building and using Max for Live devices.
mcnelson

Sonic Faction Tricky Traps

Post by mcnelson » Sat Aug 27, 2016 2:00 pm

Anyone tried this? Some of the devices look pretty interesting, not sure if it's worth it though? Are the instruments built in m4l or are they Ableton stock, like how Polytek uses Analog & Sampler?

Opinions?
Ableton Live::Audio Damage::Sonic Charge::Sugar Bytes

rasaban

Re: Sonic Faction Tricky Traps

Post by rasaban » Sat Aug 27, 2016 6:03 pm

mcnelson wrote:Anyone tried this? Some of the devices look pretty interesting, not sure if it's worth it though? Are the instruments built in m4l or are they Ableton stock, like how Polytek uses Analog & Sampler?

Opinions?
Yeah I have both and like them very much ........but I have a problem with Sonic Faction.......They put out products that they don't support ( I have alot of their products, almost all)
Ex: The Dope Matrix ....The Sequencer had major problems. I contacted them and they don't respond at all. But instead of fixing programs, they come out with new products and forget about the old ones ......

I like their products .... but the support SUCKs big time. if a program has problems....they don't fix it, they just come out with new products and try to forget the old ones/ and the users.

Sorry for the rant..... these guys don't know how to treat their customer base. :( :x :evil:
Ryzen 5 20g mem 500g sata ssd 500g nvme ssd Push 2
I7 Win 10 laptop,16g mem, 500g SSD, Live Suite 10.0.1 ,U-he Ace,Hive Zebra,SynthMaster Synthmaster One, AVP Avenger
Most of the Sonic Faction: Tricky Traps,Polytek,Dope Matrix etc.

S4racen

Post by S4racen » Sat Aug 27, 2016 7:48 pm

Have you contacted Ableton Support, if the products were bought through their store then surely they can help??

Cheers
D

rasaban

Post by rasaban » Sat Aug 27, 2016 11:10 pm

S4racen wrote:Have you contacted Ableton Support, if the products were bought through their store then surely they can help??

Cheers
D
No Dope Matrix and a bunch of others(sickness,beatdown, clone,evilfish)these were out before their deal with Ableton..
Ableton offers no support for Sonic Faction's earlier products

peace 8O
I7 Win 10 laptop,16g mem, 500g SSD, Live Suite 10.0.1 ,U-he Ace,Hive Zebra,SynthMaster Synthmaster One, AVP Avenger

S4racen

Post by S4racen » Sat Aug 27, 2016 11:23 pm

Oh that's a shame, i've spoken with the guys behind Sonic Faction a lot over the last few years, it'd be a shame if they didn't support things they'd released...

Cheers
D

rasaban

Post by rasaban » Sun Aug 28, 2016 1:34 am

S4racen wrote:Oh that's a shame, i've spoken with the guys behind Sonic Faction a lot over the last few years, it'd be a shame if they didn't support things they'd released...

Cheers
D
That was my experience. but I like their products, I must be a sucker for punishment. I've run 3 successful businesses and i might add profitable businesses. I just think they should treat their customers a little better. Thats sort of how you retain your customers for repeat business.....come on that's business 101
8)
Ernest

mcnelson

Post by mcnelson » Sun Aug 28, 2016 7:47 am

Not great to hear; I only have Polytek and haven't had any problems with that, but Tricky Traps is 36 devices or so; much greater scope for little bugs & stuff.

Might have to leave it until the next Pack sale; shame we can't demo packs.

Thanks for the responses :)
Ableton Live::Audio Damage::Sonic Charge::Sugar Bytes

Stromkraft

Post by Stromkraft » Wed Nov 16, 2016 11:08 pm

Anyone else have an opinion on Tricky Traps? It looks very interesting, especially in conjunction with Push, of which I have the Original.
Make some music!

fabrice segura

Post by fabrice segura » Fri Nov 18, 2016 5:39 pm

if you want tricky traps, buy it on sonic faction store .
i use tricky traps and polytek, they use a lot of cpu

braduro

Post by braduro » Fri Nov 18, 2016 6:00 pm

Hey Fabrice, even the MIDI effects in Tricky Traps uses a lot of CPU? Do they appear stable?

Stromkraft

Post by Stromkraft » Fri Nov 18, 2016 9:31 pm

fabrice segura wrote:if you want tricky traps, buy it on sonic faction
Why is that better?
fabrice segura wrote:they use a lot of cpu
More than other Max For Live sequencers?
Make some music!

fabrice segura

Post by fabrice segura » Sat Nov 19, 2016 8:07 am

The black friday sale on sonic faction store
if you buy three product -40% like archétype -tricky traps and polytek for 147 euros., price is low than ableton store.,i received a ableton code to register polytek and tricky traps on ableton.

You need a good computer, not an old macbook pro, i have the same problem with k devices terra.
These devices use a lot of cpu.

fabrice segura

Post by fabrice segura » Sat Nov 19, 2016 8:12 am

Yes for polytek.. and other sonic faction devices- good devices but a lot of cpu :? on max7.3.1
I use an other m4l sequencer (instant drummer pro by egnouf, the creator of polytek sequencer) it use less cpu

Stromkraft

Post by Stromkraft » Sun Nov 20, 2016 12:37 am

fabrice segura wrote:The black friday sale on sonic faction store
if you buy three product -40% like archétype -tricky traps and polytek for 147 euros., price is low than ableton store.,i received a ableton code to register polytek and tricky traps on ableton.
OK. I'm only interested in Tricky Traps though.
fabrice segura wrote: You need a good computer, not an old macbook pro, i have the same problem with k devices terra.
These devices use a lot of cpu.
Even the MIDI sequencers? I'm not very interested in the rest.

The 2015 MBP is only 28% faster than my 2011 (CPU is from 2013) in Geekbench3 multicore and 24% faster on singlecore. I think I can work with these.
Make some music!

Tarekith

Post by Tarekith » Sun Nov 20, 2016 7:11 am

I like the Tricky Traps pack a lot, it's one of those I return to over and over without realizing it. There's a bit of a CPU hit like a lot of M4L stuff, but it's not too excessive here. Load times can be a bit long, that's my only real complaint, but again other M4L devices have equally long load times.
Tarekith
Ableton Forum Administrator
https://tarekith.com