record direct to simpler?

Learn about building and using Max for Live devices.
papadosio

record direct to simpler?

Post by papadosio » Sat Oct 15, 2016 9:57 pm

The push 2 introduces the ability to "convert" a clip to Simpler so you can slice the audio and re- sequence it in cool ways. In a live setting thats cumbersome and makes the set untidy, not to mention that it takes time to convert. I would love to be able to record directly into Simpler so the extra step can be eliminated. Bonus for the ability to clear the buffer so the same Simpler device can be re-recorded into over and over again. Would be willing to pay someone to help create this functionality. Help?

chapelier fou

Re: record direct to simpler?

Post by chapelier fou » Sat Oct 15, 2016 10:23 pm

It would be fantastic indeed.
The only thing you can do now is to re-create a Simpler in Max, and share the buffer with a recording track...I've been wanting to do this for years, but it takes time....
Robert Henke's granulator can grab an external input.
MacBook Pro 13" Retina i7 2.8 GHz OS 10.13, L10.0.1, M4L.
MacStudio M1Max 32Go OS 12.3.1

ned rush

Post by ned rush » Sun Oct 16, 2016 9:15 am

I did a video on this and it shouldn't take too long. The setting up the buffer and playback is the easy bit. How you want to play it back is up to you.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=f7WhTZd9iiY

I'd consider following this up, but recording the mic in Ableton with max for live open causes huge latency.

Michael Hatsis

Post by Michael Hatsis » Sat Nov 19, 2016 4:32 am

always thought it was such a big missed opportunity that they didnt build the looper device into simpler/sampler