Ugo 7

Learn about building and using Max for Live devices.
Stromkraft

Ugo 7

Post by Stromkraft » Fri Jan 20, 2017 10:04 am

Anyone using the Ugo 7 Max For Live device?

"You can edit graphically slice parameters, store them in Presets and recall them via MIDI control/Automation.
Parameters are:
  • Step Position
  • Slice Velocity
  • Slice Duration Modulation
  • Slice Pitch Modulation
  • Slice Playback Direction"
Seems interesting for playing with your loops and storing the results. I don't fully get the possibilities though. I couldn't find a review anywhere.
Make some music!

[jur]
Site Admin

Re: Ugo 7

Post by [jur] » Fri Jan 20, 2017 11:10 am

It looks like Buffer Shuffler, no?
Ableton Forum Moderator

Stromkraft

Post by Stromkraft » Fri Jan 20, 2017 11:48 pm

[jur] wrote:It looks like Buffer Shuffler, no?
Well, Someone claimed this one doesn't work with grabbing audio, but rather with the clip itself and its start, end and loop points.

The "From Bed to Couch" album mentioned must be this one by Jacopo Carreras. that comes with:
"many of Jacopo's own patches are included as bonus material on the CD, in the form of Pluggo plug-ins."
according to Amazon editorial review.
Make some music!

Jabbon

Post by Jabbon » Mon Jan 30, 2017 12:08 pm

Hi there,
it is me Jacopo, I usually do not like talking about the things I do or did, but about Ugo I feel I need to clarify some things:
it is indeed a port from a pluggo device I did in 2008 for "From bed to Couch" to do some stuff which buffershuffler 2 does nowadays.
At the time (L6 or 7, cannot remember) things were quite different. There was no way to achieve the manipulations on realtime acquired audio I was doing in Max/MSP in Live unless one did his own Pluggos (or other methods, but it would get long). It was very complicated to create a total system.
Most funny thing it was impossible to have reversing in realtime (which is why I posted on maxforlive.com the Reverser device where you can download the latest version) and sample rearrangement.
Plus there was no chucker~ object on which buffshuff is based on.
Since the album has been mostly a live made creature stuff like Ugo have been important to work on live sampling etc.

Ugo uses chucker~ for sampling reorganization and gizmo~ for pitch shifting.
It is (now) a collection of methods to play around with an incoming audio file (which gets sampled).

I strongly believe in customization, and I decided it could have been a nice way to make a concept relive.

Let me know if I can be of any help.

ciao

J.
sound spatialization content & technologies @ audit-orium.com

Jabbon

Post by Jabbon » Sat Feb 04, 2017 10:28 am

I forgot to add that Ugo samples.
The non sampling device which you refer to is named loopina https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lr35WH6BxRI. It is a kind of one button looping device for long warped audio clips or MIDI clips (my Dj tool, kind of traktor looper).
This does not sample any audio, it works directly with the clip´s loop points .
sound spatialization content & technologies @ audit-orium.com

Stromkraft

Post by Stromkraft » Sat Feb 04, 2017 11:58 am

Jabbon wrote:I forgot to add that Ugo samples.
The non sampling device which you refer to is named loopina https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lr35WH6BxRI. It is a kind of one button looping device for long warped audio clips or MIDI clips (my Dj tool, kind of traktor looper).
This does not sample any audio, it works directly with the clip´s loop points .
I have no idea on how I mixed them up — Possibly going trough loads of MFL devices makes me very tired at times — so big thank you for the clarification.
Make some music!