All times are UTC

Post subject: Beat Seeker not detecting correct BPM, ever
PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:35 am 

OSX El Capitan MacBook Air 13" 1.8Ghz Intel Core i7 4GB RAM

OSX El Capitan MacBook Air 13" 1.8Ghz Intel Core i7 4GB RAM
Live 9 Standard (Upgrade) Version 9.7.4
Max for Live Version 7.3.4

I'm running Beat Seeker in an audio track set to record, but muted, as per instructions... and it can clearly here my drums through my Audient interface, as it shows the speaker icon lit up on every beat. However, it really can't detect the bpm. The Ableton tempo in the top left changes continually, but the plugin bpm does not vary by more than one or two bpm, but it is never changing in the way the Ableton one is.

However, neither Ableton nor the plugin are detecting accurately. They seem to be way off. Eg if the open project is at 120bpm and I start drumming at 90bpm, the plugin routinely just shows 118bpm, whilst ableton's master tempo will be showing anything from 19bpm tp 120bpm.

Is there something I need to turn off in Ableton warp or tempo settings or something? I've been trying it with a friend on two separate evenings and the thing simply doesn't work. It's getting a great signal, a very clear beat that I can be interpreted by eye on the interface and Ableton's channel input gain meter...

Thanks