Setting up example of EV3 sensors/motors with Live Con. Kit

Learn about building and using Max for Live devices.
rbnsp

Setting up example of EV3 sensors/motors with Live Con. Kit

Post by rbnsp » Mon Jan 15, 2018 3:33 pm

Hi I am trying to get going with the Lego Mindstorms EV3 .amxd device in the Live Connection Kit. I have my EV3 brick connected via blue tooth, and selected as the device in the
.amxd device window. If I put a simple push switch sensor on input 1, I can see that there is an indication by means of a thin blue line to the right of the ID number 1 which would
seem to indicate that it is getting an input. I am at a loss as to how I use the parameter Map switch to make it do anything. Can anyone help? I've searched on Google but can't find any examples with any details.

Also, How do a connect an output from Ableton Live 9 to control one of the motors connected to port A-D?

benxtan

Re: Setting up example of EV3 sensors/motors with Live Con. Kit

Post by benxtan » Sun Mar 21, 2021 1:49 am

Coming back in 2021 with Windows 10, Ableton 11 and LEGO Mindstorms EV3.
Anyone able to get this working?

When I select Port COM5 (incoming), Live starts freezing up and CPU usage maxes out.
My EV3 shows that the IR sensor is changing values but in Live its not showing any input in the Live Connection Kit panel.

Update 21/03/2021:
I was unable to get it to work with Live 10 Standard.
But it works in Live 9 Suite! I had to switch it to COM5, then back to COM4 for sensor data to be received.
And every time a MIDI note fires, the EV3 beeps. But otherwise, it seems to work!
I only tried the IR sensor input and a motor for output.