Super helpful M4L Device....free!!

Learn about building and using Max for Live devices.
Datalooper

Super helpful M4L Device....free!!

Post by Datalooper » Tue Jun 26, 2018 9:27 pm

Hey guys. I developed this device and decided to share it as a way to introduce myself to this community. Here's what it does. Say I've got a SPDX, or some kind of midi controller that just puts out a fixed set of midi messages (C1-C2 or something). I want to use this device for an entire set of music, and use another midi controller or keyboard to switch songs. Typically, I would do this with chains, where each chain would have a different drum rack containing all the sounds I want for a different song. This is great, but if I want some of those sounds to loop, or have follow actions, or any of that cool shit that ableton clips do, I'm SOL.

This devices solves that problem by mapping a fixed set of midi notes to Ableton clips. Each chain can have a unique clip slot that it triggers. This means that you can send a note (say C1) and it will trigger clip slot 0, then change chains, send C1, and then trigger clips slot 1. Yay! Song changed & you can use clips ;)

Hopefully you guys find this useful! I've been working on some pretty dope M4L stuff and also some pretty useful hardware, so stay tuned for more.

Here is the thing & a little youtube instructional video.
http://inthestu.com/free-device-ableton-clip-launcher/

Also, if anyone has any problems getting the .js code to show up, here's the raw code:

https://sourceforge.net/projects/max4li ... s/download

Stromkraft

Re: Super helpful M4L Device....free!!

Post by Stromkraft » Wed Jun 27, 2018 10:00 am

Great! Will check it out at some point.
Make some music!

19oclock

Post by 19oclock » Mon Jul 02, 2018 7:39 pm

That's some good looking code, bud - good work!

Datalooper

Post by Datalooper » Mon Jul 02, 2018 10:55 pm

Thanks guys! Hope you find it useful. Let me know if you find any bugs/have any suggestions for improvement.