All times are UTC

Post subject: Set fixed velocities by banks
PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2018 10:30 pm 

Hi, I'm using my Live environment + Push2 with my modular via the Arturia BeatStep Pro for sending CV to it, and especially my Qu-Bit Chord. On this module, CV for root note can be sent but I can't figure how to send the "quality" value (= chord type) apart from manually, by tweaking a fixed velocity midi plugin (plugged to the quality cv in via the BSP sequencer1 velocity.
I started to create a M4L device from scratch and could manage to toggle between 4 "quality" values with my mouse or the Push2. My 4 quality values would be what should be plugged to it, via their respective velocities values. And this is what I can't manage to do : simply make my "quality" parameter on m4l force 4 fixed velocities.
Could anyone help me solve this please?

Post subject: Re: Set fixed velocities by banks
PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 2:34 pm 

I'm allowing to up my message. Here's my attempt to make my midi effect work. EDIT : I couldn't manage to attach my amxd file. But I have it available if anyone asks for it.

And here 3 visual captures that show the status of my "quest" :

The last one is just a kind of draft that shows where i finally blocked :

Thanks very much for your kind help !

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 5:05 pm 

Why are you not using the Chord device for this?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 9:46 pm 

If i understand well, you want to ignore the velocity of the note you are playing but instead you want to replace it by a choice between 4 different velocity values ?
If so, you should just make a MIDI rack with 4 chains, each one with a MIDI velocity effect. No Need for M4L.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 10:47 pm 

@doghouse : Chord is away and my choices of chord "qualities" train of events cannot be sequenced on chord alone. With software, it would :-)

@chapelier fou : yes indeed.
I tried your solution, thanks, and thanks for helping me discover the chain, the type of "programming" that looked for me like a workaround for many situations where I had no solutions :-) The only cons are :
- 1 macro used on 8, wouldn't a custom effect be more tiny yet effective to use ?
- and more importantly : the velocity/"quality change will only take effect at the next note press, not before. Isn't there a way to permanently draw a V current, and still modulate it, so when I switch to another value, the quality knob take it into account immediately ?