All times are UTC

Post subject: Price for Max For Live add-on for Ableton Live Standard 9
PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2018 12:40 am 

I want Max For Live pretty bad. I didn't realize until tonight you can purchase it as an add-on if you have Ableton Live Standard 9. Does anyone know where the prices are for the add-on?

Post subject: Re: Price for Max For Live add-on for Ableton Live Standard 9
PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2018 12:52 am 

https://www.ableton.com/en/shop/#max-for-live

Shows $199 (USD) to me.

Suite is a much better deal.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2018 1:06 am 

Hey! Thanks for that, so it's $200. Nice 8) I only have Ableton 9 Intro so for me, all I would need is to upgrade to Standard 9 and then I'd be eligible....

Only issue now is I do *not* see where you can upgrade to 9 anymore on the Ableton site, only 10. And that's $450 for Standard or $750 for Suite which isn't in my budget. :)

I'm assuming I could possibly buy an Ableton Live 9 Standard license from someone, then upgrade to Max 4 Live...that looks like the only way at this point? Thanks for the reply back.

Yes, that's the way I'll need to go: https://help.ableton.com/hc/en-us/artic ... py-of-Live

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2018 1:41 am 

Your plan looks like too much work to save a too small amount of money, and you are not really "saving" anything, because Live 10 is a LOT better than Live 9, Max 8 is a LOT better than Max 7, and the integration between Live 10 and Max 8 is WAY better (like WAAAAAY better) than the integration between Live 9 and Max 7.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2018 1:27 pm 

After looking more closely, I agree. Plus 10 does seem better integrated with Max than Live 9. I think I'll simply wait to upgrade to 10 Suite later this year. Might get Max 8 in the meantime, I really want to start learning that ASAP and I don't mind it being just stand-alone....and when I do add 10 Suite, the learning curve for Max4Live will be way less.