Page 1 of 1

M4L Convolution Reverb Pro loses decay % upon save + reopen

Posted: Sun Nov 11, 2018 2:06 am
by marsh
When I dial an IR preset back to 35% decay (to reduce the time from 4.44 sec to 1.59 sec), whenever I save, close, and reopen the file, the decay parameter is back on 35% but the decay time of the IR shows as 4.44 again (and sounds accordingly long).

It's starting to get a bit frustrating to have to remember to adjust that upon each open, so wondering whether this is a bug or a 'feature' (some intentional, or at least 'as designed' aspect of how this device works).

I've done a search of this forum and of the google and can't seem to answer this myself, so over to you guys.

Thx ;)

Re: M4L Convolution Reverb Pro loses decay % upon save + reopen

Posted: Sun Nov 11, 2018 4:55 am
by [jur]
This for sure isn't a feature.
Is this happening only with a particular set, or all the time?

Re: M4L Convolution Reverb Pro loses decay % upon save + reopen

Posted: Sun Nov 11, 2018 7:50 am
by marsh
[jur] wrote:Is this happening only with a particular set, or all the time?
I just created a new set, dropped the M4LCRP in, set the decay %, saved, closed, reopened - same thing. Did I find an itty-bitty bug? :)

Re: M4L Convolution Reverb Pro loses decay % upon save + reopen

Posted: Sun Nov 11, 2018 9:19 am
by chrk
Not tested, but here's a thought.

There's two sources for the M4LCR/P now: Since Live 10 it's available as an individual pack, the older one comes with Max for Live Essentials, and the latter has not been updated for Live 10/Max for Live 8.

Maybe you can find out which of the two you are using, and if using either makes a difference.

Re: M4L Convolution Reverb Pro loses decay % upon save + reopen

Posted: Sun Nov 11, 2018 9:33 am
by marsh
chrk wrote:Maybe you can find out which of the two you are using, and if using either makes a difference.
My version is the pack which I downloaded after purchasing Live Suite 10. I don't have the other, so I can't test.

Re: M4L Convolution Reverb Pro loses decay % upon save + reopen

Posted: Sun Nov 11, 2018 9:51 am
by chrk
marsh wrote:My version is the pack which I downloaded after purchasing Live Suite 10. I don't have the other, so I can't test.
Right, but now I can try that without having to guess which is which.

I did that on a new set, dropped the naked device (not a preset) with the initial IR, dialled back the decay. Save, close, reopen: decay reloads just as I saved it. Same with one of the CRP presets.

So it must be something on your side, not a general bug.

Re: M4L Convolution Reverb Pro loses decay % upon save + reopen

Posted: Sun Nov 11, 2018 9:57 am
by marsh
chrk wrote:Save, close, reopen: decay reloads just as I saved it.
Hmm, interesting. Just to clarify, in my case the decay % value loads as saved, however the decay time value reverts to the default for the IR. Is that also true in your case? (the non-default decay time value is recalled upon reopen?)

Either way, I've just bought Valhalla Room so if M4LCRP doesn't start playing ball, I'll probably just muck about with that instead. :)

Re: M4L Convolution Reverb Pro loses decay % upon save + reopen

Posted: Sun Nov 11, 2018 10:27 am
by chrk
marsh wrote:Just to clarify, in my case the decay % value loads as saved, however the decay time value reverts to the default for the IR. Is that also true in your case? (the non-default decay time value is recalled upon reopen?)
Oh my, I rushed it only eyeing the percentage.

And yes the decay TIME restores to the preset's initial value.

Tried the same with the same name preset from Max for Live Essentials, and it doesn't do that.

We have a bug.