All times are UTC

Post subject: Instant haus issue recording
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2018 4:32 am 

Hi, Im trying to record and play back some drums from instant haus. I have a midi track set up with midi from the instant house track. During recording I use a different couple of presets I made. It records and I can see the notes but when I play back I can only hear the currently selected preset in instant haus. So for eg I play preset 1 and preset 2 during recording. But it doesnt seem to record the midi information to switch the preset over when playing back. Same thing happens with pattern change. The changes aren't recorded. Anyone know how to do this? Or do I have to change some setting in the track to hear the midi notes I recorded? Because Instant haus just plays as soon as you hit the play button but I want to hear the midi notes.

System -
MacBook Pro Intel Core i7
2.2 GHz 16GB
Apple SSD
AMD Radeon HD 6750M 1024 MB
Intel HD Graphics 3000
OSX 10.13.3

Interface -

Fireface UC

Post subject: Re: Instant haus issue recording
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2018 2:43 pm 

Have Instant Haus on one track, then your drum rack on a second... Send the MIDI from the Instant Haus track into the Drum Rack track and you can record the MIDI information to a clip.

Instant Haus creates MIDI but it doesn't write it to a clip so you have to intercept it. Most MaxforLive devices do this unless specifically programmed to write to clips.

Cheers
D

Post subject: Re: Instant haus issue recording
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2018 8:32 pm 

S4racen wrote:
Have Instant Haus on one track, then your drum rack on a second... Send the MIDI from the Instant Haus track into the Drum Rack track and you can record the MIDI information to a clip.

Instant Haus creates MIDI but it doesn't write it to a clip so you have to intercept it. Most MaxforLive devices do this unless specifically programmed to write to clips.

Cheers
D

ah thank you so much. I spent hours trying to work it out!

System -
MacBook Pro Intel Core i7
2.2 GHz 16GB
Apple SSD
AMD Radeon HD 6750M 1024 MB
Intel HD Graphics 3000
OSX 10.13.3

Interface -

Fireface UC