Instant haus issue recording

Learn about building and using Max for Live devices.
Flange

Instant haus issue recording

Post by Flange » Sun Dec 30, 2018 4:32 am

Hi, Im trying to record and play back some drums from instant haus. I have a midi track set up with midi from the instant house track. During recording I use a different couple of presets I made. It records and I can see the notes but when I play back I can only hear the currently selected preset in instant haus. So for eg I play preset 1 and preset 2 during recording. But it doesnt seem to record the midi information to switch the preset over when playing back. Same thing happens with pattern change. The changes aren't recorded. Anyone know how to do this? Or do I have to change some setting in the track to hear the midi notes I recorded? Because Instant haus just plays as soon as you hit the play button but I want to hear the midi notes.
DAW - Ableton 10. System - Windows 10. Interface - Fireface UC

S4racen

Re: Instant haus issue recording

Post by S4racen » Sun Dec 30, 2018 2:43 pm

Have Instant Haus on one track, then your drum rack on a second... Send the MIDI from the Instant Haus track into the Drum Rack track and you can record the MIDI information to a clip.

Instant Haus creates MIDI but it doesn't write it to a clip so you have to intercept it. Most MaxforLive devices do this unless specifically programmed to write to clips.

Cheers
D

Flange

Re: Instant haus issue recording

Post by Flange » Sun Dec 30, 2018 8:32 pm

S4racen wrote:Have Instant Haus on one track, then your drum rack on a second... Send the MIDI from the Instant Haus track into the Drum Rack track and you can record the MIDI information to a clip.

Instant Haus creates MIDI but it doesn't write it to a clip so you have to intercept it. Most MaxforLive devices do this unless specifically programmed to write to clips.

Cheers
D
ah thank you so much. I spent hours trying to work it out!
DAW - Ableton 10. System - Windows 10. Interface - Fireface UC