Max GUI frozen

Learn about building and using Max for Live devices.
XSIMan

Max GUI frozen

Post by XSIMan » Mon Jan 28, 2019 12:17 am

Last few weeks all the Max devices GUIs have stooped working this happens when I have a lot of tracks. I'm using latest version.

jestermgee

Re: Max GUI frozen

Post by jestermgee » Mon Jan 28, 2019 12:49 am

XSIMan wrote:Last few weeks all the Max devices GUIs have stooped working this happens when I have a lot of tracks. I'm using latest version.
:lol:

Kind of reads like:

"My car, she stop working all of sudden. Happen when I go the speed, It new car of latest, where is fix for this car"?

In other words:
when I have a lot of tracks
Lots of tracks = 10, 100, 1000?

Details of how many tracks, if it happens in multiple projects or just 1, how many instances of Max devices are there.......

I'm using latest version.
"Latest" isn't a version. At the very least, state What it is you have the latest version of (Windows, Mac, Live7/8/9/10......) but better still, state what OS you have and what software version number you are using. Helps others in a similar environment confirm if they also have an issue.

Less details posted, less help you will get.

XSIMan

Post by XSIMan » Fri Feb 01, 2019 2:32 am

I was just checking if anyone else has MAx devices freezing I didn't see a need to type up a huge description of it as I already did that for Ableton support and I work long hours I had only 20 mins left when i posted that.
You come across as very condescending.

Now it's fixed it took a long time to narrow it down. With a lot of tracks it could be 17 or 30, I didn't see a need to count them all, Unfiltered Audio Byome plugin will screw up Max devices to fix it one has to enable open GL in Byome then save and reload the set.

fabrice segura

Post by fabrice segura » Thu Mar 28, 2019 5:11 pm

my live 10.0.6/ (and live10.1.17beta ) freeze when i use max for live devices (i use the last maxfor live 8.0.4)

jonbenderr

Post by jonbenderr » Fri Mar 29, 2019 10:18 am

It seems a lot of people are having issues with the latest versions of max standalone installs with Live.

As of right now, the currently bundled version of max is 8.0.2.

Maybe try reverting to Live's bundled max and see if the problem persists?