Binkbeats Max for Live plugin issue

Learn about building and using Max for Live devices.
patrickjamesdrift

Binkbeats Max for Live plugin issue

Post by patrickjamesdrift » Tue Mar 12, 2019 4:31 pm

Hey people,

Blinkbeats shared a great Max for Live plugin for live looping a few days ago. There's something however I'm having trouble with and wonding if anybody can help.
The pluging works fine, except from the Quantize function. The quantization automation doesn't seem to trigger quatization button in the plugin. All other automations I draw in work fine, except this one. Quantization only happens if I manually press the button. Can anybody help?

Here's the link to the Ableton article and plugin:
https://www.ableton.com/en/blog/binkbea ... -out-loop/

Many thanks,
Patrick

jonbenderr

Re: Binkbeats Max for Live plugin issue

Post by jonbenderr » Wed Mar 13, 2019 9:12 am

The quantize function is a live.text object basically set up as a button which does not automate like you might think.

Maybe try drawing short automation triggers like in the image below at the points which you need to trigger the quantization?

May have to work out the timing a bit.

patrickjamesdrift

Post by patrickjamesdrift » Tue Mar 19, 2019 4:16 pm

Thanks for the reply.
Quatization wouldn't work despite the short automation triggers I'd drawn in. That said, I found a way to get it to work:
I grouped the Bink device and mapped Macro 1 to the Bink 'Quantize' button. Then I made an envelope automation for the 'Quantize' button.
Hope that might help anyone that has the same issue.

Cheers,
Patrick

Cuica man

Post by Cuica man » Sun Mar 24, 2019 4:30 am

I’m confused with the trigger option. Maybe I’m using it wrong but I thought it was for triggering the clip in the scene that was selected. If it was blank then it would record a new clip. If there was already a clip in selected scene it should play it... is that correct? Mine will only record but not playback.

mappa

Post by mappa » Wed May 08, 2019 2:54 pm

Hi group,

great pluggin. I understand you, ve all got it working. Im struggeling to launch a recorded clip. Did the automation as explained by Binkbeats video. How did you proceed?

cheers

Marco

mappa

Post by mappa » Wed May 15, 2019 7:40 pm

jonbenderr wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2019 9:12 am
The quantize function is a live.text object basically set up as a button which does not automate like you might think.

Maybe try drawing short automation triggers like in the image below at the points which you need to trigger the quantization?

May have to work out the timing a bit.

maybe a silly question but i dont get my recorded clip launched. After recording i launch the next scene with Follow. What ever i try there's no triggering of the recorded clip. Can anyone help?

cheers Marco