Midi-Controller for different sets of parameters

Learn about building and using Max for Live devices.
lebasti

Midi-Controller for different sets of parameters

Post by lebasti » Tue May 14, 2019 9:16 pm

Hi!

I am looking for some device (or other solution) for mapping one midi controller (in my case a midi fighter twister) to different sets of controls.Currently I am working on a live perfomance set where I put every track in a group of my liveset.
My goal is now to define a set of 8 or 16 parameters for each track which should be controllable by this midi controller by setting the right track in the device. It would be especially cool if this would be controllable by CLPYHX and/or is able to give colored feedback about the type of the controller.
Anybody has an idea about such a device? If not - do you think it would be possible with m4l and there is a need for such kind f device?

Cheers

basti

S4racen

Re: Midi-Controller for different sets of parameters

Post by S4racen » Wed May 15, 2019 8:33 am

You would be able to do this with ClyphX Pro Bindings?

Instead of changing a MaxforLive device setting, you'd just recall a different set of mappings....

I'm in the process of working on a video on the very subject but it'll be a week or so till I get finished...

Cheers
D

lebasti

Post by lebasti » Wed May 15, 2019 9:35 am

Hey!

Thanks for your answer! That would be great as I am using clyphx pro anyway! I have to admit that I have no clue how to use this for that functionality at the moment, so looking forward for your video!

Cheers

Sebastian

S4racen

Post by S4racen » Wed May 15, 2019 11:46 am

You need the Bindings Add On, there's a few videos on there already of how it works...

https://isotonikstudios.com/product/cly ... -bindings/

Cheers
D

lebasti

Post by lebasti » Thu May 16, 2019 6:27 am

Just bought the bindings, the concept seems to work like a charm :). Now I have to check If I could alter the colors of my midifighter this way, too :)
Thank you!