Elgato Stream Deck XL

Learn about building and using Max for Live devices.
stereodrive

Elgato Stream Deck XL

Post by stereodrive » Tue May 28, 2019 2:19 pm

Hello everyone! I own Elgato Stream Deck and I find it extremely useful with Live (and many other apps and system apps in my mac). I just discovered that now they came out with Stream Deck XL
https://www.elgato.com/en/gaming/stream-deck-xl
It is now very interesting for 2 main reasons that come to mind: Since it sports freely assignable 32 LCD keys it would be easy to map Live in many ways. The second and most important: They released an SDK for building your own scripts.
I imagine you could run this LCD Grid to play Live session and single clips. It has backlit buttons with freely assignable icons.

If only someone could make a M4L script for it!
Mac Studio (2022)
Apple M1 Max
32 GB Ram
14.3.1 Sonoma

Greenapples2019

Re: Elgato Stream Deck XL

Post by Greenapples2019 » Mon May 04, 2020 1:07 pm

Hiya, have you tried Keyboard Maestro? I've just started playing with it and although it's quite techy it's great for automating complex procedures, and can do lots of things that key and midi mapping can't do. And it integrates with Stream Deck so that you can assign SD buttons to KM macros.

Sean_Clarke

Re: Elgato Stream Deck XL

Post by Sean_Clarke » Mon Jun 01, 2020 5:43 pm

Keyboard Maestro is Mac only I think (although there are similar for PC)

Steam Deck already does pretty advanced multi-actions and its really easy to use- nice video with Ableton Live here.

https://youtu.be/3lErFoXQZ6c

I have only just got mine, but its super easy to use it for clip or scene launch (although I wont get one to do that as a primary function) and with an API/MAX it is possible to get scene/clip 'names' and/or loop length on the buttons (any information from Live can appear update in real time on the displays)
DAWS: Live 11 Suite + PUSH2, Studio One, Bitwig and Reason all via an X32 desk: Instruments: modular and analogue stuff, guitars, basses and drums.