MIDI Note Trigger

Learn about building and using Max for Live devices.
Udo Behm

MIDI Note Trigger

Post by Udo Behm » Mon Jun 10, 2019 4:52 pm

Hi,

does anybode know a Max4Live device that can save 8 midi notes and just plays them when they get triggered on the device or by a CC?

Thanks

S4racen

Re: MIDI Note Trigger

Post by S4racen » Mon Jun 10, 2019 5:08 pm

MF Phraser – Record in a sequence of midi notes of any length. The device will now play through that sequence using the input to trigger each note. Either any midi note input will trigger the play or one specific note trigger can be set. The output can also be transposed.

https://isotonikstudios.com/product/midi-filter-ten/

Cheers
D

Udo Behm

Post by Udo Behm » Mon Jun 10, 2019 5:15 pm

Thanks, however, this device seems way too complicated for my needs... I want a simple device that just has 8 buttons and under them the name of the note that shall be played when pressing them (maybe also on which MIDI channel).

Reason for that device is that I'm using Native Instrument synthesizers that on some instruments have several notes that change the sound when pressed.

So I want a very simple device in Ableton that does nothing else than remembering these notes and quickly allow to "play" them when pressing a device's button... A MIDI learn function might be helpful for this device and also the possibility to trigger the notes via MIDI CCs, but not only (I want to be able to trigger them in Live directly by just pressing the button). Is there any device like this out, for free??

S4racen

Post by S4racen » Mon Jun 10, 2019 5:52 pm

I'd build that, be quicker than searching for it.....

Cheers
D

Udo Behm

Post by Udo Behm » Mon Jun 10, 2019 5:54 pm

That was nice... I don't know how to do this

S4racen

Post by S4racen » Mon Jun 10, 2019 6:31 pm

It would be a good project to learn on, once you get going you'll find it much easier to modify existing devices that don't quite suit your needs as well....

For this you're best off starting with the MIDI lessons that are built into Maxforlive;.

Cheers
D