Missing gendsp code in CV Instrument.amxd

Learn about building and using Max for Live devices.
einbahnstrasse

Missing gendsp code in CV Instrument.amxd

Post by einbahnstrasse » Sun Oct 27, 2019 9:21 pm

Hi everybody,

Curious to know if anyone else has had trouble loading the CV Instrument.amxd from CV Tools. Or more generally with loading gendsp code in a M4L device. I'm trying to study this device, but when I dive into the patch to look at the calibration routine I get a number of gen~ errors.

Sifting through a few nested subpatchers, I'll unfreeze the device and make my way to cali.V17.3501.maxpat. This subpatch relies heavily on a lot of gen~ instances, but whenever I launch it (it's normally loaded into a bpatcher) I get errors that all of its gen~ instances cannot find their associated gendsp files, along with some other errors. Here are some of them:

gen.patcher: could not find gen patcher dcblock
gen.patcher: could not find gen patcher dcblock
gen.patcher: could not find gen patcher lat_counter_01
live.text: can't find wizard_close.svg
gen.patcher: could not find gen patcher cleanup_02
gen.patcher: could not find gen patcher calc_index_01
gen.patcher: could not find gen patcher find_maximum_072
gen.patcher: could not find gen patcher power_spectral_density
gen.patcher: could not find gen patcher normalize_02.1

The device can't find the gen~ code, but these gendsp files are all located in /Users/[myusername]/Documents/Max\ 8/Max\ for\ Live\ Devices/CV\ Instrument\ Project/code, as expected.

The path to Max within Ableton is set correctly, but I don't see a place to define a path to these gendsp files. If I simply add the path to my "Places" pane it makes no difference; accessing cali.V17.3501.maxpat still logs the same missing gendsp error messages. Would this suggest that I'd have to manually add all of these files in the inspector of each gen~ object?

Anybody familiar with a gen~ issue like this in M4L? Doesn't look like a post on this topic exists here.

Thanks for considering.