Use bundled version is greyed out

Learn about building and using Max for Live devices.
torbenscharling

Use bundled version is greyed out

Post by torbenscharling » Tue Dec 03, 2019 1:52 am

Just authorized Suite after upgrading from Lite, however Max is not available to open seperately and if I download and install 8, it's not authorized and doesn't change if i re-authorize suite, and use bundled version button is still greyed out and I guess I get no serial key to activate the seperately installed version of Max either? This is not what is stated in the help page, it clearly says you can choose either and nothing about having to purchase seperately or not being able to use Max to the fullest since it should come installed.

glencompton

Re: Use bundled version is greyed out

Post by glencompton » Fri Dec 06, 2019 7:21 pm

I have found some difficulty to get it to boot the first time in a session when using my asio card in windows.
My solution was the following when wanting to edit in max for live.
1) open the project with the M4L device you want to edit.
2) go to settings and disable the audio device by changing "Driver Type" to "No Audio"
3) Now click the edit button on the M4L device you want to edit.
4) wait for the Max application to load

If for what ever reason the M4L editor isn't opened with the main Max window, leave it open and go back to the device. Click the edit button to close edit, and click it again to open the editor. You should now have a second Max window for the editor layout.

After that you can go ahead and close the main Max window and turn your audio "Driver Type" back to what ever you had before. The regular editor will open over and over without any issue after this and it all seems to work normally. I have to go back through these steps when I close and reopen live though to get the max editor to work.

I have absolutely no idea what is going on with this. It might have something to do with using Exclusive Mode and both applications conflicting, with max ultimately not opening, but I haven't experimented with the settings enough to know, since I just figured out this solution a day or so ago.