Using an M4L sequencer to trigger CC on a hardware synth

Learn about building and using Max for Live devices.
b_scales

Using an M4L sequencer to trigger CC on a hardware synth

Post by b_scales » Mon Jan 06, 2020 6:39 pm

I was wondering if anyone can help with an M4L sequencer/hardware synth problem I'm having. I'm using the M4L sequencer called ML-185, and am using it to trigger a hardware synth. For those who aren't familiar with it, the ML-185 is an 8 step sequencer that is supposed to be able to send data for 3 different midi parameters: pitch, velocity, and a 3rd tab for 'aux'. You can hit 'random' for each of these different midi parameters, across each of the 8 steps in the sequencer, to mess about with different patterns.

The problem I'm having is that when I map the sequencer's 'aux' parameter to my hardware synth's cut-off frequency, and then try to randomise the pattern, each of the 8 steps in the sequencer all default to the same cut off level. I.e. I can't randomise the pattern of the step sequencer when I'm using it to send midi info to a hardware synth, so there is no variation across the 8 steps. The synth i'm using a matrixbrute, but not sure that's relevant. I'm probably just being really dense, but I can't work out what I'm doing wrong

Any help much appreciated, cheers