Virtuoso Arp example Ableton Rack link for download

Learn about building and using Max for Live devices.
AlexRome

Virtuoso Arp example Ableton Rack link for download

Post by AlexRome » Sat Feb 29, 2020 3:32 pm

Hi everyone, I apologize for my English as it is not my native language, I apologize for any mistakes

I have in mind a MIDI device capable of improving the concept of the simple arpeggio in situations where realism is required and creates a nice effect

I created a Rack which can be used to understand what I'm talking about, that I link below and ask you to use it to tell me what you think

( To fully exploit it you will need Live 10 Suite and the M4L EnvelopeTriggerToCC device which is implemented in the rack device but must be present in your M4L imported library - you can find it here: https://maxforlive.com/library/device/1 ... ger- to-cc )

Currently the rack device takes advantage of the modification ( fluctuation ) in small doses of the speed of the arpeggio possible only with the selection of the free rate mode in the Albleton's Arpeggiator device. Using envelopes and lfo it will also change the duration, velocity and some other parameters. These small variations of tempo and expression resemble the work of a pianist who adds expressiveness to the passages. Due to my limited skills, I am unable to automatically hook it to the project's bpm and do automatic synchronization. The function of my device should create a very small variation of the arpeggio tempo and reset at each measure (or a period chosen by the user) through a sine wave lfo, a variation on the main variation adds a little more movement and it also resets at least at each measure. If you set well even the most accentuated frequency movements you can synchronize with the daw and get a value that returns to the center of the wave which is equivalent to the set bpm, but all this is difficult for me and the setting takes a long time as well as it is now. I got stuck here. I managed to synchronize everything at 93 bpm ( However, synchronization is not perfect but it is getting closer ).

Try it with a good piano ( there will also be the automatism of the sustain pedal - cc64 - which can be excluded, but the work of it is perfect for the piano ). Set the project tempo to 93 bpm, put the "Virtuoso Arp" Rack device in front of a piano vsti, create a triad chord or a simple chord progression and in my opinion you will like the result. I like it especially with high notes. Also try the various Arp styles, I've added some Macro knob functions some of which allow the modification of parameters which however mess up everything and must be moved little

I think we could create a device with custom curves that change with the velocity of the execution, with floating or randomized humanization parameters and my dream would be to be able to create a built-in step sequencer instead of the arpeggio, all humanization functions synchronized in sections to the bpm of the Daw. New ideas are welcome!

EDIT: I found out now that with different libraries or piano versions the velocity setting changes and in some cases it is unpleasant. You can fix it with an Ableton midi velocity device placed after this to create a concave or convex curve or compress the curve according to your taste

I ask someone more capable than me if he wants to work on it to improve it, if he has advice to give me to improve the rack or if someone wants to turn it into a Max For Live device, which for me is impossible and I don't feel like trying.

Here a little video example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZEl4KWMB-WU

Here the link for the Rack device: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1AqoC8M ... sp=sharing

Give me an opinion please, I will be grateful to you. Thanks in advance. Alessio