Iosif: Interference Pattern Step Sequencer

Questions and discussion about building and using Max for Live devices
dave dove

Iosif: Interference Pattern Step Sequencer

Post by dave dove » Wed Jul 29, 2020 3:40 pm

K-Teck presents Iosif - a new way to step sequence
Iosif combines 2 innovative techniques to create monophonic melodies/basslines/whatever:
  • A 3*integer Interference Pattern generates complex, evolving rhythms
  • K-Teck's advanced Scale Scanning module to apply melody to the rhythm
Iosif makes machine music new again
Iosif creates complex, non-repeating rhythms by generating a series of Trigger Pulses from an ‘Interference Pattern’ formed by the interactions of 3 numbers
These 3 numbers control 3 looping Pattern Counters
Every time a Pattern Counter resets a note is triggered in the Scale Scan Module
The Scale Scanner is taken from Adlais V - it has been improved with full control over 10 octaves
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hzxQavdEMFI
Iosif is an exceptionally powerful step sequencer with a deceptively simple UI and has surpassed all expectations

available here: https://k-teck.co.uk/iosif-interference ... -sequencer

Teace

Re: Iosif: Interference Pattern Step Sequencer

Post by Teace » Thu Jul 30, 2020 8:20 pm

Can I play the notes and have the sequencer use those notes for the sequence like mono sequencer?

dave dove

Re: Iosif: Interference Pattern Step Sequencer

Post by dave dove » Sun Aug 02, 2020 6:32 pm

hey there Teace

the answer to that is 'no'
and I guess that makes my answer to your thread a poor one
I didn't realise that keyboard input was what you were after

Iosif uses a scale scanner to access a user selectable range of notes (C-2 <> G8) from one of 20 scales
the order in which these are played and the intervals between are easily defined and automatable
the scale scanner was designed to make note input redundant so conceptually Iosif is a long way from mono sequencer

Iosif is designed to offer powerful, alternative features that you can't find anywhere else
I'm not aware of any sequencer using anything like this scale scanning tech (would love to know though)
and only one - Lectric Panda's Evolution RE for Reason - based on Joseph Schillinger's theories of rhythm

all the best

Dave