Bink Looper help! (delay functionality not working)

Learn about building and using Max for Live devices.
shnootre

Bink Looper help! (delay functionality not working)

Post by shnootre » Tue Aug 11, 2020 4:06 pm

Greetings,
For my first post here I have a pretty specific problem, not sure how many people are using Bink Looper, but would love some help if possible. Have been working w/ Conor Shafran's excellent Bink Looper tutorial here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4TpMLmO_JJc&t=731s

I am able to get the looper to work using clip envelope automation, but any time I institute a delay, it ceases to work. I have observed the order of operations (using arm, delay, loop length, launch in that order), and kept it to within an 8th note.

Any time I attempt to run w/ a delay instituted, the looper fails to launch. When I go back and look at the clip envelope settings after my attempt, I see that the previously red-led symbol next to the "launch" function (which indicates that automation is present) is no longer red, but a hollow circle instead.

I am not sure how specialized this info is, but I appreciate any help. At least I'd like to know what that hollow circle means! Thanks for your help.
Dan Sonenberg
Composer-Performer-Educated
Using Ableton Live 10.1.18 for Mac
MacBook Pro 13" 2018, 4 thunderbolt 3 ports; 2.7 GHz Intel Core i7; Focusrite Clarett 2PreUSB, Millennia HV-3D, Dorico, Protools, Vienna Symphonic Library

Teace

Re: Bink Looper help! (delay functionality not working)

Post by Teace » Wed Aug 12, 2020 8:11 pm

Try setting global quantization to 1/8

Teace

Post by Teace » Sat Aug 15, 2020 8:50 am

Let me know if that worked!

adelbello

Post by adelbello » Sun Aug 30, 2020 4:02 pm

I was running into the same problem until I disabled looping on the dummy clip.