Is it possible to map an external MIDI controller to trigger an "un"mappable parameter on the DS Kick M4L device?

Questions and discussion about building and using Max for Live devices
LUID.

Is it possible to map an external MIDI controller to trigger an "un"mappable parameter on the DS Kick M4L device?

Post by LUID. » Thu Aug 20, 2020 7:44 am

Hey there,

I don't know, but I wonder, if anyone has else has had an issue with this particular device (being the M4L DS Kick device) or any other? Where there is a parameter that seems to be non-mappable when you try to assign a MIDI control to it.

The parameter on the DS Kick I want to assign is the actual control that triggers the kick itself. It seems you can only click the pictured drum on the device to trigger the sound or click play on the session/arrangement view when you have programmed in a pattern, as well as clicking play with the DS Kick device in a drum rack.

My question is, is there a way I can map my MIDI controller's pad to the kick trigger of the DS Kick device, so when I hit the pad I have rhythmic control of when I want to actually generate a kick. As clicking on a mouse is really unwanted when it comes to being rhythmic, it just doesn't feel very tangible at all from trying.

I hope someone has somewhat of an answer to this problem where it comes certain playable or triggerable elements of devices cannot be mapped externally to a MIDI controller/device etc.

Thanks and cheers,
LUiD.

LUID.

Re: Is it possible to map an external MIDI controller to trigger an "un"mappable parameter on the DS Kick M4L device?

Post by LUID. » Thu Aug 20, 2020 8:08 am

Okay scrap that, for some reason the first pad out of the eight on my MIDI keyboad controller seems to trigger it already? I wonder why this is...

chapelier fou

Re: Is it possible to map an external MIDI controller to trigger an "un"mappable parameter on the DS Kick M4L device?

Post by chapelier fou » Thu Aug 20, 2020 12:10 pm

It's meant to be played by track in MIDI, in other terms MIDI notes. It's not meant to be mapped.
MacBook Pro 13" Retina i7 2.8 GHz OS 10.13, L10.0.1, M4L.
iMac 27" Retina i5 3,2 GHz OS 10.11.3 L10.0.1 M4L.