M4L : Multiple Device Versions

Learn about building and using Max for Live devices.
g k

M4L : Multiple Device Versions

Post by g k » Fri Feb 05, 2021 3:28 pm

Apologies for the newb question. Decided to dip my feet into Max, & downloaded the M4L Essentials pack.

Now when I go into the Max MIDI Effect folder (e.g.) there's multiple versions of most things - Envelope, Expression Control, MIDI Monitor etc.

Are these older / newer versions of the same thing - and if so, how do I tell which is the latest version?

schlam

Re: M4L : Multiple Device Versions

Post by schlam » Fri Feb 05, 2021 5:31 pm

hello.
i am quite a noob too, often several version have the same name in the folder, but maybe, if I understand well the question, you can sort your device per pack folder in the explorer, they will still have the same name, but maybe they will not be in the same pack folder..

g k

Post by g k » Sat Feb 06, 2021 2:47 am

The multiple versions don't seem to exist when I look for them in the Finder on my Mac - I can only find one .amxd file for each

They versions seem similar but not identical, but I can't see any version numbers.

Quiet Erp

Post by Quiet Erp » Mon Mar 01, 2021 10:53 pm

Ditto. I think it happens when Live saves the device as part of a set or project. Creating a unique copy of the device. But don’t quote me on that. They are usually pretty small files and so it’s not too concerning.