How can I save live.banks info with a plugin?

Learn about building and using Max for Live devices.
Abuwabu

How can I save live.banks info with a plugin?

Post by Abuwabu » Mon May 10, 2021 2:30 pm

Hi all

I have a M4L device that accesses a third-party-plugin instrument on the same channel and auto-generates an interface for it.

If I connect up live.banks, I can organise all those parameters into named banks for use on the Push 2.

So far, so good…

Now, what I’d like to be able to do is store the live.banks arrangement with the plugin itself (not the M4L inst device), or with the plugin in an instrument rack (in the case of Kontakt insts). I know I can just store the M4L instrument with the rack and be done; but I don’t want to as I lose real estate on the Push 2.

Can anyone tell me where Live stores that information and how I can get access to it?

I know it can be done because PrEditor 2 does something similar (which is a great bit of software btw — unfortunately it doesn’t work yet on AL11).
Any pointers greatly appreciated.

[jur]
Site Admin

Re: How can I save live.banks info with a plugin?

Post by [jur] » Sat May 15, 2021 9:46 am

When you click the little arrow on a VST's title bar, you get access to the "Configure" panel. Unless I'm missing what you're after this should be just what you need.
Ableton Forum Moderator

Abuwabu

Re: How can I save live.banks info with a plugin?

Post by Abuwabu » Tue May 18, 2021 8:34 am

Thanks for your response @[jur] but because it bugs me that you can't organise the plugin parameters well in the 'configure' panel, I knocked together a M4L device that automatically generates an interface for whatever plugin, so you can jump into live.banks and make named banks, leave spaces, have the same parameter appear in different places... all that jazz. What I'd love to be able to achieve is to work out how to then save that mod to the plugin directly. I can actually just load the M4L device and it works; it would be good though to keep all the info in the plugin in itself.

I'm still learning M4L (this was my first fumblings) although I am proficient in js and reading API docs. I definitely need experience in editing the controller scripts in python as I think that's where the solution lies