Can't get Integers to display only Float

Learn about building and using Max for Live devices.
djorno

Can't get Integers to display only Float

Post by djorno » Wed Jul 21, 2021 2:47 am

So I am trying to make a simple modification to the 'Max Api AMap' patch where all I want to do is display in integers instead of float.

When I change the Range/Enum parameter of the live.dial object from 0. 1. float to 0. 127 int, the knob updates in the UI correctly, however the values themselves just go from 0 to 127 to 0 to 127 back and forth with each incremental step. Even though the dial displays the correct 128 value range in a clip instead of the float range, thus better suiting what I'm going for, it doesn't matter if I automate these clip values because they still won't send the proper values to the outside parameters they are mapped to. It's important that I have each discrete Int value so that they tie to the 128 Chain Selector options on another Track / Device. When using the Api Amap device in its default floating point state, not only do I have to try and do weird mathematical translations to get 128 values from 0. - 1, some values get missed because Ableton seems to round up certain values when I try to draw in automation.

I have tried as many combinations of changing the parameter from float to int, values from 0 1 to 0 - 127, I've tried going to the embedded numbox patcher and changing values from float to int.. as well... I dunno. Not sure why it's proving so difficult.

I just want to set up a distinct Integer range to replace the float and actually get all the values instead of extreme 'oscillation' between 0 and 127. Any clue where I might be going wrong? Cheers..