Max 4 Live / Live with Arturia Native Instruments : Good News!

Learn about building and using Max for Live devices.
MichaelAbletonForum

Max 4 Live / Live with Arturia Native Instruments : Good News!

Post by MichaelAbletonForum » Thu Nov 25, 2021 7:04 pm

So, I'm normally not the one how post a lot into forums, but i had so much issues / problems with my Ableton live projects hat I'm now user of the Ableton beta program and other forums to find a way to solve it. Now a friend of mine said you should share that with the community. So here it is:

My problems are:

Very Long Loading Time of Projects
Freezing Max 4 Live Devices
Crashing Live on Close without meaningful message
Ableton Live Crash on startup

So now I will give you tips and not to describe the problem or root cause that's to complicated and I'm not able to do that.

--- Do you use Massive X?

I will call it the close Bug. If you use Massive X, and you placed it into an instrument rack - because it has no program change - and its deactivated your Live Project will be crash on close.

Tipp: Keep Massive X always alive, do not deactivate it!!

-- Do you use Arturia PlugIns?

If you use eg. Pigments and also use M4L Devices they become unusable or you have other issues:

Tipp: Update to the latest version of Arturia plugins (came today) . They stated in the release doc. that it solves some GUI issues with FL Studio, but after the update (today) all my project with Arturia PlugIns and M4L Devices now load faster and works as expected. No freeze anymore

So, I hope I could help at least one musician....

[jur]
Site Admin

Re: Max 4 Live / Live with Arturia Native Instruments : Good News!

Post by [jur] » Thu Nov 25, 2021 7:08 pm

Thanks for sharing.
It'd be awesome if you could also send these infos to support@ableton.com, to hopefully they can fix this and users won't ever need to reach out to this topic :wink:
Ableton Forum Moderator