Step Sequencer that is EXACTLY like Megababy NM

Learn about building and using Max for Live devices.
dna598

Step Sequencer that is EXACTLY like Megababy NM

Post by dna598 » Sat Nov 26, 2022 10:17 am

Megababy NM is certainly the best step sequencer i have used, even compared to expensive third party offerings i have bought. (cough, Playbeat).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wq2C-Qg9Hp4

It's simple, ROBUST (pattern change is instant with zero glitches), very quick, and practical. I actually prefer using it to Live clips/session view for drums. It has a lighter, more instantaneous feel to using it.

It is possible to use in Live via the Reajs plug in.

I was looking for an m4l equivalent, but was surprised to find it does not exist. Just a load of generative, randomization, or overly complex/overly basic stuff. The feature set of Megababy NM is practically ideal, except, when using in Live via Reajs, there is no undo. .

Anyway It would be cool to see it's EXACT feature set ported to M4l. Notably (and perhaps most importantly) the smooth pattern change, and the mouse click/ modifier commands.
It could then be expanded to take advantage of all the parameter mapping/modulation goodness via the envelope lanes.
I think the Live community would love that. (as would I of course!)

who wants to take up the challenge :lol: ?

I'm not a coder, but anyone that is can view the code by clicking "edit", if that helps.
ctrl + left/right = select transient

ctrl + shift + left/right = select between transients

ctrl + space = play selection