All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 63 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: ★ Tip Of The Day ★
PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 9:29 am 

SuburbanThug wrote:
That sounds like it could be pretty interesting...

Cheers, yeah you can use it to remove the kick and snare from a drum loop, to turn it into a top loop for example. It's certainly a quick way of doing it.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 6:48 am 

★ Tip Of The Day ★
Partition your external drive. Use one half for day to day backup, e.g. Time Machine, and the other half for a bootable clone, e.g. Superduper. Write down booting instructions and test.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 3:45 am 

★ Tip Of The Day ★
Mac tip today. Ctrl F2 takes you to the menu bar. Very handy. If it ever stops working, try ctrl plus F3 immediately followed by F2. Alternatively you can use Cmd ? (cmd shift /) to go to Help in the menu and go from there.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 2:26 pm 

reason for the above is ctrl F2 is a bit prone to stopping working.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 9:20 am 

★ Tip Of The Day ★
Use ⌘, to open Live's Preferences, and ⌘w to close - PC alternatives are available!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 1:23 am 

★ Tip Of The Day ★ User Remote Scripts give you instant control of devices in Live. You can have up to 6 virtual controllers by using 6 scripts with one actual hardware device. Each can be locked to a different instrument. See the macableton.com hardware section.

edit: full tutorial here http://www.macableton.com/hardware-revi ... ripts.html

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:17 pm 

★ Tip Of The Day ★
Wondering how to access modulation in Arrange View? Right click on the relevant knob on the device and you should see an option to show modulation. If it's a plugin you'll need to click the ► and configure the device parameters first.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 12:42 pm 

"Please please please do yourself and everyone else a favor and don't try to be the next Swedish House Mafia or the next Richie Hawtin. You're not going to, and your career won't take off. Be yourself, be original." Olav Basoski, interview with MacAbleton, April 2013.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 3:52 pm 

Funk N. Furter wrote:
★ Tip Of The Day ★ User Remote Scripts give you instant control of devices in Live. You can have up to 6 virtual controllers by using 6 scripts with one actual hardware device. Each can be locked to a different instrument. See the macableton.com hardware section.

edit: full tutorial here http://www.macableton.com/hardware-revi ... ripts.html

My fav!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 5:44 pm 

Me too! Cheers revoltcrew!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 8:53 am 

★ Tip of the day ★
If you want to right click a parameter on a device and get 'show modulation' offered as an option (and obviously 'show automation' now for Session View in Live 9), the clip has to be playing.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 4:26 am 

★ Tip of the day ★
If you enable Sticky Keys on a mac, you can do all the shortcuts for navigation in Easy ways to control Live Part 3 (see Features section) using just one finger. Press a modifier key (e.g. alt) once to use normally, again to cause it to 'stick', and again to switch off. Saves a few clicks and finger stretches when doing a few consecutively.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 5:27 pm 

★ Tip of the day ★
Mac quickie: cmd tab shows Application Switcher. Keep your left thumb on cmd, and tap tab to scroll through, or shift tab to reverse. Hit alt and then release cmd to select an app.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 10:45 am 

★ Tip of the day ★
Mac only again today – quit all open apps. Another Application Switcher tip: to quit all open apps hit cmd tab as usual, then keep your left thumb on cmd and transer your finger from tab to Q and hold it down for a few seconds. You can't quit Finder and you'll usually have to hit tab to step over it.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 12:29 pm 

Wow, didn't know of that last tip.
Very handy, thank you ! :D

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 63 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next