All times are UTC

 
 



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Is there a fast way to preview songs?
PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 3:37 pm 

Joined: Thu Apr 07, 2016 4:00 pm
Posts: 5
If I have a folder with a bunch of works-in-progress it would be great to easily listen to them or render out a bunch of rough recordings.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Is there a fast way to preview songs?
PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 6:48 pm 

Joined: Wed Jun 25, 2014 11:34 am
Posts: 5693
djmentos wrote:
If I have a folder with a bunch of works-in-progress it would be great to easily listen to them or render out a bunch of rough recordings.


That's a great habit to have at the end of session. I think you mean "export", not render. While that is english, it's not a word in the language Live uses.

_________________
Waves: 10% off coupon via this link

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Is there a fast way to preview songs?
PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 7:15 pm 

Joined: Thu Apr 07, 2016 4:00 pm
Posts: 5
Sorry, I meant export or "bounce." But is there a way to quickly listen to songs without the process of manually opening and exporting each one?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Is there a fast way to preview songs?
PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 2:22 pm 

Joined: Fri Jan 07, 2005 11:46 pm
Posts: 16543
Location: Ableton Forum Administrator
Unfortunately not, sorry.

_________________
Erik M.
InnerPortalStudio.com - Professional Audio Mastering


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Is there a fast way to preview songs?
PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 2:33 pm 

Joined: Tue Jan 10, 2017 8:14 am
Posts: 527
Location: Warsaw, Poland
Stromkraft wrote:
I think you mean "export", not render. While that is english, it's not a word in the language Live uses.


...which is funny, because the keyboard shortcut for exporting to audio is CTRL+SHIFT+R as in "Render" :)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Is there a fast way to preview songs?
PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 3:24 pm 

Joined: Mon Oct 04, 2004 2:22 pm
Posts: 14212
I have a folder called "song reminders" that I render out to pretty regularly. :lol:
Sometimes it's the full song as it was left, and sometimes it's a chunk from the middle and a "different bit" from later in the arrangement.
these reminders are pretty useful in case I accidentally save the file in a weird and muted state.

I listen to the reminder tracks in my music player app, and I aslso keep a set of detailed notes in an old to-do list software I've used for about 10 years, and that has a list of all the file dependencies and stuff in it for each song. What I was aiming for, and what I think is needed to get it closer to completion.

You'd hope Live could handle some of those tasks but nope, Live has abominable versioning, previewing and note-taking, so they don't cover this in any way.

best to rely on external tools.

_________________
site


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Is there a fast way to preview songs?
PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 12:21 am 

Joined: Mon Apr 26, 2010 6:38 am
Posts: 2133
antic604 wrote:
Stromkraft wrote:
I think you mean "export", not render. While that is english, it's not a word in the language Live uses.


...which is funny, because the keyboard shortcut for exporting to audio is CTRL+SHIFT+R as in "Render" :)


He's just being a pedantic as we all know what Render means and if he actually looked in the Export Audio/Video section of Live (instead of just assuming) he would see the words "Render Track, Render Start, Render Length, Render as Loop" so it is very much a word live uses.

As suggested best way is to get into the habit of doing an export as you finish your days production. It will only take a minute and leaves you with something to preview or take with you. I always do this so I can copy work onto USB to listen to in the car or when at a party, slip it onto the stereo and see if anyone notices or comments.

_________________
Freelance SoundLabs


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Is there a fast way to preview songs?
PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 10:10 am 

Joined: Wed Jun 25, 2014 11:34 am
Posts: 5693
jestermgee wrote:
antic604 wrote:
Stromkraft wrote:
I think you mean "export", not render. While that is english, it's not a word in the language Live uses.


...which is funny, because the keyboard shortcut for exporting to audio is CTRL+SHIFT+R as in "Render" :)


He's just being a pedantic as we all know what Render means and if he actually looked in the Export Audio/Video section of Live (instead of just assuming) he would see the words "Render Track, Render Start, Render Length, Render as Loop" so it is very much a word live uses.


No, that's right. Good catch there. I realize I just focus on the settings in the export dialog and not the labels (or I'd have remembered this).

_________________
Waves: 10% off coupon via this link

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 

All times are UTC

 
 

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group