Error routing metronome please halp

Share your favorite Ableton Live tips, tricks, and techniques.
AlmostHypnotic

Error routing metronome please halp

Post by AlmostHypnotic » Fri Feb 21, 2020 9:27 pm

I have tried reinstalling ableton 3 times. Suddenly my metronome is no longer routed to my headphones. (built in output) Like what the hell? What if this happens during a show? I am doing fkj style loops and NEEED the click to go to my headphones. Below is a screenshot of each menu involved in routine a click track. SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME, I've been at it for 3 hours.

jestermgee

Re: ERROR ROUTING METRONOME PLEASE HALP

Post by jestermgee » Fri Feb 21, 2020 10:38 pm

Your metronome (cue output) is set to output to OUT 9/10 in your screen shot. What outputs are you monitoring with your headphones? Seems a routing issue with your setup more than Live itself.
Like what the hell? What if this happens during a show?
This is why musicians need to know their gear and how to troubleshoot/address issues on-the-fly. Part of what an audience is paying for is the expertise of the artist and crew.

Greenapples2019

Post by Greenapples2019 » Sat Feb 22, 2020 10:31 am

Can you just use the Focusrite rather than the Aggregate Device? Then you could route the cue out to 3/4 or 5/6 and use the relevant headphone socket on the Focusrite.

AlmostHypnotic

Post by AlmostHypnotic » Sat Feb 22, 2020 5:20 pm

jestermgee wrote:
Fri Feb 21, 2020 10:38 pm
Your metronome (cue output) is set to output to OUT 9/10 in your screen shot. What outputs are you monitoring with your headphones? Seems a routing issue with your setup more than Live itself.
Like what the hell? What if this happens during a show?
This is why musicians need to know their gear and how to troubleshoot/address issues on-the-fly. Part of what an audience is paying for is the expertise of the artist and crew.
OBVIOUSLY THATS WHY I AM HERE, TO LEARN WHY THE FUCK THIS IS HAPPENING, THANK YOU FOR YOUR INSIGHTFUL COMMENT.

AlmostHypnotic

Post by AlmostHypnotic » Sat Feb 22, 2020 5:25 pm

THe Headphone jack isn't showing up anywhere in ableton. I've tried every output while the headphones are plugged in. The only work around I have is to run the metronome to the right monitor and plug my head phone into the right monitor output in the back of the scarlet and work with only the left monitor.

[jur]
Site Admin

Re: Error routing metronome please halp

Post by [jur] » Sat Feb 22, 2020 8:52 pm

Almosthypnotic:
1st I edited your topic title as ALL CAPS always feels like people screaming.

Then I noticed that, while Jestermgee is trying to help you... you scream again!
You don't have to feel hurt by his remark, this was an objective one I think and that's actually along the lines of what I thought to myself after reading your 1st post.
Re-installing 3 times the software because of an incorrect routing is probably nerve-wreaking, but please try to be cool with others here, and have a go at the Community Guidelines.

And yeah, I'm using bold, because I lose my hair when people shout.
thx
Ableton Forum Moderator

jestermgee

Post by jestermgee » Sat Feb 22, 2020 9:09 pm

AlmostHypnotic wrote:
Sat Feb 22, 2020 5:20 pm
OBVIOUSLY THATS WHY I AM HERE, TO LEARN WHY THE FUCK THIS IS HAPPENING, THANK YOU FOR YOUR INSIGHTFUL COMMENT.
Chill out kid. You need to look into ho to rout the output of your interface to the headphones but I’m out of this one now with that attitude. Your on your own.

matthewslaney

Post by matthewslaney » Wed Feb 26, 2020 2:01 am

I hate being that guy who tells you to do it a different way rather than help you figure out what you're trying to do, but as someone with the same hardware as you, please just use the headphone jack on your Scarlett. It will make your life much easier.

Once you get it working there, use that as an example and see if you can figure out how to get it to work with the built-in if you want, but you'll get better quality from the Scarlett, so I'd just leave it.

AlmostHypnotic

Post by AlmostHypnotic » Sat Sep 18, 2021 2:31 am

[jur] wrote:
Sat Feb 22, 2020 8:52 pm
Almosthypnotic:
1st I edited your topic title as ALL CAPS always feels like people screaming.

Then I noticed that, while Jestermgee is trying to help you... you scream again!
You don't have to feel hurt by his remark, this was an objective one I think and that's actually along the lines of what I thought to myself after reading your 1st post.
Re-installing 3 times the software because of an incorrect routing is probably nerve-wreaking, but please try to be cool with others here, and have a go at the Community Guidelines.

And yeah, I'm using bold, because I lose my hair when people shout.
thx
sorry guys, it really sucks to look back on the way I used to carry myself. I really appreciate all the help. Although not excusable, I was in a bad place at the time with a break up and didn't handle it well. take care!

AlmostHypnotic

Post by AlmostHypnotic » Sat Sep 18, 2021 2:32 am

jestermgee wrote:
Sat Feb 22, 2020 9:09 pm
AlmostHypnotic wrote:
Sat Feb 22, 2020 5:20 pm
Chill out kid. You need to look into ho to rout the output of your interface to the headphones but I’m out of this one now with that attitude. Your on your own.
I just got a chance to look back on the way I interacted with people and I'm sorry

Tarekith

Post by Tarekith » Sat Sep 18, 2021 4:02 am

Cheers for even coming back to apologize, not everyone can do that.
Tarekith
Ableton Forum Administrator
https://tarekith.com

jestermgee

Post by jestermgee » Sun Sep 19, 2021 12:22 am

Yeah rare that users will acknowledge and correct themselves so kudos for bothering.

If it makes you feel any better, you are not a unique case, plenty of people out there don't want to be told they should spend a little time actually learning rather than waiting to be taught and as a father with kids I see a trend in both my own kids and their friends that there is a huge lack of "can do" attitude even with encouragement and it is the difference between my days as a kid where a kid with a question would have to really work to find the answer, nowadays google is there to answer and it's just expected to have the answer in hand immediately without wanting to spend all that time learning, even so far as kids nowadays wont read a manual at all, rather will search endlessly for a video tutorial where they forget what they watched in 7 seconds.