can you change computer key assignments to not 'toggle'?

Share your favorite Ableton Live tips, tricks, and techniques.
NorvernMonkey

can you change computer key assignments to not 'toggle'?

Post by NorvernMonkey » Tue Dec 02, 2008 9:28 pm

would be grat if this were possible..so rather than push on push off..you could actually push and hold...then release
some one told me i should look at midiyolk?
any easier way?
any help apreciated guys
:)

Lo-Fi Massahkah

Post by Lo-Fi Massahkah » Tue Dec 02, 2008 9:39 pm

Set launch mode to "Gate".

.m

NorvernMonkey

Post by NorvernMonkey » Tue Dec 02, 2008 9:58 pm

thanks
but i'm not triggering clips..
i do understand the different launch modes
i'm controlling loop type changes in an outside plugin
maybe theres a way to do all this within a clip envelope??
or ideally someting simpler

Ezmyrelda

Post by Ezmyrelda » Tue Dec 02, 2008 10:35 pm

+1 to his confusion.

I don't think you can set this option for vst's. I've bashed my head against walls for a solution to this as well.

Lo-Fi Massahkah

Post by Lo-Fi Massahkah » Wed Dec 03, 2008 5:57 am

It's not easy to come up with a solution when you're telling us nothing of what midi ctrl (CC, note...) the VSTi expects. I'm guessing you could whip up something in Max or even something simpler. But you need to give away a bit more information.

.m

NorvernMonkey

Post by NorvernMonkey » Wed Dec 03, 2008 9:59 am

Apologies.
Ok The messages i want to send are simple on off messages to the key 'notes' of Sugar Bytes Artillery to perform simple looping fuctions.
i have assigned each 'note' with a different loop speed etc to different computer keys
but i really could do with them not behaving in a latch type manner...as i only really want to loop for small sections for a cutting kinda feel..and also want to be able to juggle between different loopers to create interest.
So a push and release fuction would be much more apropriate.
Hope this is possible
any advice greatly apreciated
8)

Lo-Fi Massahkah

Post by Lo-Fi Massahkah » Wed Dec 03, 2008 10:05 am

From my perspective I'd go for a simple Max patch which acts in between your controller and the VST. But I guess PD or Bidule maybe even Midi-OX could be used. You'd also have to use a virtual midi port like Midi Yoke or IAC.

.m

friend_kami

Post by friend_kami » Tue Dec 09, 2008 1:30 am

Lo-Fi Massahkah wrote:From my perspective I'd go for a simple Max patch which acts in between your controller and the VST. But I guess PD or Bidule maybe even Midi-OX could be used. You'd also have to use a virtual midi port like Midi Yoke or IAC.

.m
the fact you dont have the option to set keyboard button behaviour in the mapping browser is just stupid imo. surely you can make a workaround, but it shouldnt be needed. make it happen, abes.

Ezmyrelda

Post by Ezmyrelda » Tue Dec 09, 2008 11:40 pm

friend_kami wrote:
Lo-Fi Massahkah wrote:From my perspective I'd go for a simple Max patch which acts in between your controller and the VST. But I guess PD or Bidule maybe even Midi-OX could be used. You'd also have to use a virtual midi port like Midi Yoke or IAC.

.m
the fact you dont have the option to set keyboard button behaviour in the mapping browser is just stupid imo. surely you can make a workaround, but it shouldnt be needed. make it happen, abes.
yeah work arounds are possible but this should be in the software itself.