Using Audio Realism products with Ableton Live 7.0.14

Share your favorite Ableton Live tips, tricks, and techniques.
The Philosopher King

Using Audio Realism products with Ableton Live 7.0.14

Post by The Philosopher King » Sat Jan 03, 2009 2:27 pm

Some people hate questions like this. They call it lazy. I think it wise to ask from the experts & then implement that knowledge in my own unique way!

After some searching, I recently purchased two products by Audio Realism . . . ABL Pro & ADM! Now that I have what I consider to be superb products, I need some direction to any on-line information that will be specific to working with these two products in an Ableton Live 7.0.14 environment. Triggering patterns, rendering, recording & creating patterns etc . . . etc . . . Not as easy as it sounds . . .

Many thanks for any help you may be able to provide. This is my first post (ever), so hopfully I've got it right, or nearly right, or whatever :)

R.A.W.

Post by R.A.W. » Sat Jan 03, 2009 6:50 pm

I go ahead and tell you what most will think... this is definately the wrong place to ask, you'll be better off asking this in the audiorealism forum as this is a question about the plugs and not the host.

http://www.audiorealism.se/phpBB2/

and here you can also download the manuals for your purchases

http://www.audiorealism.se/products.htm
ThinkPad T500,Core 2 Duo T9600 (2x2,8GHz)/3GB RAM/Radeon HD3650/FireWire 410/WinXP SP3 32bit
AMD Phenom II X4 3.2GHz/4GB RAM/GeForce GTX460/ESI U24 XL/Win7 x64
Ableton Live 8/energyXT2/APC40/MPKmini/LaunchPad/TriggerFinger
http://www.bitmud.com

The Philosopher King

Thank You R.A.W - We're off to a good start!

Post by The Philosopher King » Sat Jan 03, 2009 7:44 pm

I had thought of writing to the A.R. (Audio Realism) Forum earlier, however . . . after connecting . . . I am faced with the following brick wall . . .

phpBB : Critical Error

Could not open template config file

DEBUG MODE

Line : 503
File : functions.php

It's been like that all day from where I'm sitting. Not very pleasant old chap!

If anybody else has anything they would they would like to add/share, then I am all ears 8)

noise

Post by noise » Sun Jan 04, 2009 12:48 am

did ya try here?:
http://www.audiorealism.se/phpBB2/index.php
it may be that your browser didn't "connect the dots" :wink:
hope that helps...

The Philosopher King

Dear NOISE :)

Post by The Philosopher King » Sun Jan 04, 2009 8:53 am

Yeah, I tried that and same (error) story as yesterday. I've written to Audio Realism to notify them but have not received a reply as of yet! I've also Deleted My Browsing History as old page information which is stored locally on a PC for 'quicker access' can also cause problems. No joy!

Last night I wrote to Groove Monkey looking for ADM MIDI Files. I reckon that's one the way to go. To use the Drum Plug in a similar way to how EZ Drummer operates.

I appreciate what R.A.W. had suggested earlier about confining my quest to the Audio Realism site but that doesn't make complete sense to me. There's a good chance that any Ableton user, who also uses A.R. products, will be looking at both Forums (Ableton & A.R.)!

Oh Yeah! I printed out the manual as well :)

Dexes

Post by Dexes » Sun Jan 04, 2009 10:59 am

I don't have the abl pro, but die abl2 has a typical 303 style step sequencer, you have the step you're on listed in the led display on the right.
Select the note you want, click the "time/mode" button ("gate" on abl pro judging by the screenshot) to turn that step on & click "next"...
for the adm you select the drum you want to control (bass drum, snare, etc.) and select the steps from the buttons below (16 buttons=1bar)

Check that the mode switch is set to ptn. Then create a clip in Live and draw 1 note thats the length of your pattern (ie 1 bar).
The note that you draw then selects the pattern. C-2 (the lowest note) is pattern 000, C0 is pattern 24, C3 is pat 60 etc.

Place the clip in your song and your done

The Philosopher King

Thanks Dexes

Post by The Philosopher King » Sun Jan 04, 2009 12:34 pm

12:32 Thanks Dexes. This looks very informative. I'll check it all out just as soon as I have breakfast :D

In the meantime, this reply from Groove Monkey may be of interest to other users . . .

Hello XXXXXX,

We don't have patterns for ADM, sorry. We sell loops mapped per the GM
(General MIDI) standard but it looks like ADM is a bit different.

Please contact me if you have any additional questions about our loops.

Thanks!

Russ
www.GrooveMonkee.com