simple midi controller

Share your favorite Ableton Live tips, tricks, and techniques.
rabblebasics

simple midi controller

Post by rabblebasics » Wed Jan 07, 2009 11:04 pm

im sure this has been asked before, but what are some simple midi/keyboard controllers that are relatively inexpensive but are easy to use/program via ableton.

i run a pc with ableton 7.0.3 and am looking for something i can use within drum rack/ableton's instruments

Post by 4.33 » Thu Jan 08, 2009 9:17 am

m-audio trigger finger is great for drumracks out of the box and it's cheap too

supamonsta

Post by supamonsta » Thu Jan 08, 2009 12:45 pm

every simple controller on the market is easy to configure via ableton, it's "midi mapping", just click on the midi map button, click on the parameter button you whish to assign on the screen, then turn the control of the unit.

done.

all midi controllers can be simple and easy to use, just got to learn some bits of "midiness".

and ask you some questions, i.e., need some faders? some pots? some pads? usb? midi only? keyboard?

and give a try to the search engine of this forum too... ;) this question is debated for ages over here.

you can begin with cheap second hands stuff (behringer bcr2000, uc33, novation remotes, faderfoxes...)

good luck !

rabblebasics

Post by rabblebasics » Thu Jan 08, 2009 6:31 pm

monstrejumo wrote:every simple controller on the market is easy to configure via ableton, it's "midi mapping", just click on the midi map button, click on the parameter button you whish to assign on the screen, then turn the control of the unit.

done.

all midi controllers can be simple and easy to use, just got to learn some bits of "midiness".

and ask you some questions, i.e., need some faders? some pots? some pads? usb? midi only? keyboard?

and give a try to the search engine of this forum too... ;) this question is debated for ages over here.

you can begin with cheap second hands stuff (behringer bcr2000, uc33, novation remotes, faderfoxes...)

good luck !
http://keyboards-midi.musiciansfriend.c ... sku=703034

played with this at a local guitar center with the manager in ableton, was loving the versatility. i like the 8 faders so i can mix my tracks/beats as well as the pads (since i owned a trigger finger, but didnt like it). the keys respond very well and feel real and so do the tweakable parameters.

anyone know a setup that is similiar in quality/purpose as this but is a little more inexpensive (ie: under $200)