APC 40 FAQs, features and questions

Share your Ableton Live secrets here
blueprint

Re: APC 40 FAQs, features and questions

Post by blueprint » Thu Jun 18, 2009 8:45 pm

zzounds delays until july 12th now.............

Belkin

Post by Belkin » Mon Jun 22, 2009 10:02 am

today got mine.
it arrive to post in Saturday but i was 5 min late for take it.

I love it.
Life is too short to listen to slow music
Banginbeats promo
http://www.myspace.com/banginbeatsbelkin

Ableton live 8.0.4, Akai apc40, Terratec phase 26 usb, CME UF6, KRK RP6

divonic

Post by divonic » Mon Jun 22, 2009 4:07 pm

Ah ha the version of Live (7.0.13) that comes with the APC40 doesn't support the stop buttons lighting up. But the stop buttons light up with version 7.0.16. Good to know.
divonic wrote:http://vimeo.com/4843284

I've seen in the above vid on vimeo that the stop buttons light up. I can't get mine to light up.

the guy had a follow action that was set to stop and when he triggered that clip the stop button was flashing. I tried that and other things but couldn't get my stop buttons to light-up. check out the above vid @ about 6:54 & 14:09. any guesses why my stop buttons don't light up?

tenderboy

Post by tenderboy » Mon Jun 22, 2009 7:29 pm

after the update to 8.04 the APC40 always changes the "Track Selection" to the Master after starting a scene with "Scene Launch"

anyone an idea how to change that to the behaviour of the older 8.02 version, where the track selection stays the same after launching a scene?

i normaly navigate through my songs with "scene launch" when playing live, but tend to stay focussed on track 1 wehere my drums are for fast variations with FX
but now i will have to change back to track 1 manually after every launch of a scene..that is a: one more push of a button and b: it may cause trouble when hitting along on the device control with the wrong track selected

EDIT: I just found that it is possible to change that behaviour in the preverences!

punknmetal101

Post by punknmetal101 » Mon Jun 22, 2009 9:25 pm

Cool.
Swagbucks - Use their search engine and win prizes
Moola - Play games for free to win money
Centsports - Bet on sports games for free to win money
Centpoker - Play poker for free to win money

Nikos T

Post by Nikos T » Tue Jun 23, 2009 5:12 am

Picked mine up tonight at Guitar Center. Thought I'd share an unboxing and first impression. Pardon my noobness, it was my first time with it :P

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=65uorKqtFA8&fmt=22

blueprint

Post by blueprint » Wed Jun 24, 2009 1:26 am

Itll be on permanent back order for me... :x

de wouzer

Post by de wouzer » Wed Jun 24, 2009 12:14 pm

I am looking for a bag, to take my apc 40 on an airplane.
this is what i found.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/mindlobster/3591822235/
It works, but unfortunately the lights don't work. I expected interaction between the lights of the "mute speaker" and the lights in the apc 40

Do I do something wrong, or shouldn't I expect this interaction?

Are there other suggestions?

yesterday I updated to 8.0.4
I am really happy with the Group Track lights on my APC
But.... when I press a clip, the effect-select goes automatically to the track where I pressed a clip. That is something new... and I am really unhappy with it.
macbook 2.4 ghz 2 gig ram, akai MPK 25, uc33e, apc40, ableton 8 suite, krk vx6, NI audio 8

moodles

Post by moodles » Wed Jun 24, 2009 12:33 pm

I pre-ordered mine back in May from Musician's Friend and now I'm finding out that it probably won't ship until the end of July!

My patience has run out and I'm starting to get really pissed. A few weeks ago, their customer service folks promised me I'd have it by this week, but it seems like that was complete BS.

Not sure that I have any options because I purchased it using their gift certificate deal. Aaarrggghhh!!!!! :evil:

arcadekid

Post by arcadekid » Wed Jun 24, 2009 5:50 pm

tenderboy wrote:after the update to 8.04 the APC40 always changes the "Track Selection" to the Master after starting a scene with "Scene Launch"

anyone an idea how to change that to the behaviour of the older 8.02 version, where the track selection stays the same after launching a scene?

i normaly navigate through my songs with "scene launch" when playing live, but tend to stay focussed on track 1 wehere my drums are for fast variations with FX
but now i will have to change back to track 1 manually after every launch of a scene..that is a: one more push of a button and b: it may cause trouble when hitting along on the device control with the wrong track selected

EDIT: I just found that it is possible to change that behaviour in the preverences!
go to live preferences - record/warp/launch tab/ - uncheck select on launch

LuckyLoo

Post by LuckyLoo » Wed Jun 24, 2009 9:28 pm

I have been trying to get on this board since Saturday, and just now am I able. I was going to give everyone a heads up that MF had scratch and dents Saturday and Sunday for $290!! I just got mine, and guess what...no scratches or dents, it is like new! So keep your eyes peeled they may offer it again. Sorry I really tried, but I could not get registered here until now.....

blueprint

Post by blueprint » Thu Jun 25, 2009 1:59 am

i cancelled my order with zzounds and had to spend my $ on other more important things.. maybe ill get it in a few months :(

it was backordered since mid May with estimated ship date in mid July.

jeffplaysmoog

Post by jeffplaysmoog » Thu Jun 25, 2009 7:34 pm

I just walked into Guitar Center and purchased a new APC40. This is in Binghamton NY, a fairly small and certainly economically depressed city (used to be the Corporate HQ for IBM). The sales person said he was blown away at how fast the units were selling for the area. There was only one left at the store (besides the one I purchased) and they expected it to be gone by the end of the week. Anyway, I am instantly in love with the unit and the work flow improvements that it provides. This is exactly what I need in my life right now.
Mac Book Pro 2.33ghz, 2gig Ram, OS 10.5, Ableton Live 8 Suite, APC40

obscurityknocks

Post by obscurityknocks » Thu Jun 25, 2009 9:32 pm

What's up with Guitar Center being the only place that people are scoring this unit? I also walked with absolutely no hope into the local GC 2 weeks ago, planning on putting one on order, and they had one in stock.(!)

And yes....it is a game changer--not because it necessarily does anything that you can't do with another controller, but because it does these things easily... and with flashy lights! :D Working with Live becomes more fun, parameters are easier to access with better feedback, you can have a much more satisfying improv experience once you change your set stucture up a little bit.

You'll still need the keys/drumpads/AI, but...it's a great piece, for sure.