APC 40 FAQs, features and questions

Share your favorite Ableton Live tips, tricks, and techniques.
S4racen

Re: APC 40 FAQs, features and questions

Post by S4racen » Thu Jan 14, 2010 6:02 pm

watchin wrote:Hi,

How can I assign different buttons to different ranges of the same knob. For exemple I would like to press button A and make the level of a know to 1/4, then pressing button B make the level of THE SAME knob to 1/8.

I tried with the ableton midi mapping bit I couldn't.

Any tip?

Thanks
Bomes to do some midi translating is your best bet......

Cheers
D

munizj08

Post by munizj08 » Fri Jan 15, 2010 1:16 am

how do i get the apc knobs to remember the proper values when shifting banks?

S4racen

Post by S4racen » Fri Jan 15, 2010 1:17 am

munizj08 wrote:how do i get the apc knobs to remember the proper values when shifting banks?
Inherent behaviour of the APC unfortunately, sorry to repeat myself but with Bomes you can solve this...

Cheers
D

munizj08

Post by munizj08 » Fri Jan 15, 2010 2:02 am

bomes it is!
how do i go about mapping that? i just need the values to be remembered for the pan and sends banks. the bottom 2 rows or eight knobs (device control) are hard mapped to some other crap =D

chelemasty

Post by chelemasty » Sat Jan 16, 2010 5:34 am

munizj08 wrote:how do i get the apc knobs to remember the proper values when shifting banks?
Try this first before going to bomes. Turn ON the output of the APC40 on the MIDI Sync tab on your preference. That solve mine and the other's issue. Peace!
Equipments: Softwares, hardwares, plastics and metal controllers, computers, headphones, a pair monitor speaker, and electricity to power them up.

B-S

Post by B-S » Fri Jan 22, 2010 12:34 pm

just grabbed my apc yesterday, and it is fairly solid piece of gear. lovin it since first minute.

got just 2 complains:

- PSU is so noisy. I cant believe this passed Akai QA tests

- Why Akai didnt use motorized faders instead of normal ones??? my head cant get it...

other than that it is brilliant controller.

S4racen

Post by S4racen » Fri Jan 22, 2010 1:15 pm

Ok, investigate global variables, you'll need to assign one to every knob in each of the three banks, then they need to record tha last velocity before switching banks and when returning to a bank fire these as midi messages back to the knobs themselves....

It'll take a while and a load of translators but it's much more effective than the standard mapping....

Cheers
D

Willyum

Post by Willyum » Mon Jan 25, 2010 12:43 am

B-S wrote:- PSU is so noisy. I cant believe this passed Akai QA tests
There were some bad units out there in the beginning with this problem, guess you got one of em, return it for a replacement. It should be dead silent!

B-S

Post by B-S » Tue Jan 26, 2010 10:55 am

Willyum wrote:
There were some bad units out there in the beginning with this problem, guess you got one of em, return it for a replacement. It should be dead silent!
My unit is deffinitelly not the one "from begining" i guess. Ableton says it is obvious behavior, which piss me off, cuase i dont want to get it back and then wait few weeks till its reapired. shite!

i3igTripplets

Post by i3igTripplets » Tue Feb 02, 2010 3:09 pm

B-S wrote:
Willyum wrote:
My unit is deffinitelly not the one "from begining" i guess. Ableton says it is obvious behavior, which piss me off, cuase i dont want to get it back and then wait few weeks till its reapired. shite!
You should be able to swap it if you picked it up at a retail store.

B-S

Post by B-S » Tue Feb 02, 2010 3:19 pm

i3igTripplets wrote:
B-S wrote:My unit is deffinitelly not the one "from begining" i guess. Ableton says it is obvious behavior, which piss me off, cuase i dont want to get it back and then wait few weeks till its reapired. shite!
You should be able to swap it if you picked it up at a retail store.
hmm, i was bit worrying that this will be the answer. :( have it few weeks so dont want to send it back now.

HouseofBrouse

Post by HouseofBrouse » Tue Feb 02, 2010 3:37 pm

Hey
how can i change the color of the APC box around the clips in session view? mine is yellow and hard to see when i am performing. thanks,
sam

djgroovy

Post by djgroovy » Tue Feb 02, 2010 4:30 pm

HouseofBrouse wrote:Hey
how can i change the color of the APC box around the clips in session view? mine is yellow and hard to see when i am performing. thanks,
sam
If you want it to be red, it has to be set up as control surface n.1 in the preferences.

kage!

Post by kage! » Tue Feb 02, 2010 7:48 pm

Hey guys, I am wondering if there is a way to select/view individual clips from the APC... When I launch a clip from a different scene and then go to select my previous track, it always shows the track right beside the newly launched clip, not the clip playing on the track... And it makes me angry... Very angry...

Kreeft

Post by Kreeft » Fri Feb 12, 2010 10:16 am

Hi there, on my apc 40 i assigned the scene select to the cue knob but its way to sensitive so i wonder if its possible to ajust the sensitivity.

Aait!