APC 40 FAQs, features and questions

Share your favorite Ableton Live tips, tricks, and techniques.
Markemark

Re: APC 40 FAQs, features and questions

Post by Markemark » Sun Feb 14, 2010 5:48 pm

kage! wrote:Hey guys, I am wondering if there is a way to select/view individual clips from the APC... When I launch a clip from a different scene and then go to select my previous track, it always shows the track right beside the newly launched clip, not the clip playing on the track... And it makes me angry... Very angry...
Ableton has added a hold feature on the clip/track button. If you select a track yes the current clip in the highlighted scene is in view, now if there is a clip playing in that track simply hold down the clip/track button and that clip will now be in view.

Markemark

Post by Markemark » Sun Feb 14, 2010 6:16 pm

Kreeft wrote:Hi there, on my apc 40 i assigned the scene select to the cue knob but its way to sensitive so i wonder if its possible to ajust the sensitivity.

Aait!
Try using one of the rotary encoders instead they will adjust to the amount of scenes you have(less scenes the more you have to turn the rotary).

Phelios

Post by Phelios » Mon Feb 15, 2010 8:44 pm

I have a question about the eight "Device Control" knobs. I noticed that the "Audio Effect Rack" in Ableton Live has eight knobs. Does the APC40 automaticly control the eight knobs of the Audio Effect Rack when I select the track? That would be awesome!

S4racen

Post by S4racen » Mon Feb 15, 2010 11:50 pm

Phelios wrote:I have a question about the eight "Device Control" knobs. I noticed that the "Audio Effect Rack" in Ableton Live has eight knobs. Does the APC40 automaticly control the eight knobs of the Audio Effect Rack when I select the track? That would be awesome!
Yes it does....

Cheers
D

datanoir

Post by datanoir » Wed Feb 17, 2010 2:25 pm

@S4racen

Since you're the guy to talk to about the APC in here maybe you can help me.

Im trying to filter the first rotary knob on the APCs track control so that it sends out +1 or -1 midi messages.
Ive mapped the knob to the track start arrow in Ableton but it seems to skip 3/4 measures everytime I rotate it.
When I map it to the cue level it does in/de-crease by 1 but I want to use that for cueing (duh..)

Any ideas? Ive tried filtering the input via M4L but I cant seem to divide the 127 steps to anything less than 1.

Cheers!

S4racen

Post by S4racen » Wed Feb 17, 2010 3:53 pm

Hi mate....

The trick to it i think is to use if statements and message boxes....

I'm not sure how best to explain it, basically you want a +1 if turned left and a -1 if turned right?

I've done it the other way from the cue knob but i'd need to have a look into it with max open to work out what it'd need to look like....

When you say the track start arrow what do you mean and what do you want it to do (theres always a different solution with M4L

Cheers
D

Manik

Post by Manik » Sun Feb 21, 2010 5:10 pm

hey i have a question about the rotary knobs on the apc:
are they smooth? do they stuck sometimes?

i had 2 novation nucturn who had horrible knobs!
in live gigs they just stuck i mostly control filters & beatrepeats with it so its important to me!

Axis Mundi

Post by Axis Mundi » Mon Feb 22, 2010 5:37 am

Here's an APC40 question relating to the hardware itself.

Is it possible to get replacement black caps for the knobs, or at least a certain glue that Akai recommends to keep them fastened on, since they didn't bother to do it themselves? I feel like I'm lucky to escape a booking without losing one and frankly it's uglifying my APC. :P

deanthomastunes

Post by deanthomastunes » Tue Feb 23, 2010 5:34 pm

The only thing that really puts me off buying this controller is its lack of motorised faders. I would happily pay extra to have this feature.
Progressive/Tech/Uplifting Trance
Soundcloud | Facebook | Twitter

LATEST RELEASES
BUY HERE

nicogrubert

Post by nicogrubert » Wed Feb 24, 2010 7:03 am

Hi there

is it possible to move the red rectangle automatically to the current scene that is playing?
At the moment, if I launch a scene I have to manually hit "bank arrow down" or "bank arrow up" button to navigate to the current playing scene.

Thanks in advance
Nico

S4racen

Post by S4racen » Wed Feb 24, 2010 11:25 am

Hi Nico,

No that's currently not possible but i imagine it would be with max4live...

Cheers
D

nicogrubert

Post by nicogrubert » Wed Feb 24, 2010 1:42 pm

thanks for the reply, S4racen.
I think it should be the default behaviour of the APC to bring the launched scene in the middle of the 5 rows (red rectangle).

S4racen

Post by S4racen » Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:00 pm

I agree you should have a number of choices as to how the redbox behaves.....

Cheers
D

Dancetional

Post by Dancetional » Sun Feb 28, 2010 12:20 pm

Hi @ all.

Yesterday finally i´ve bought me an APC40 *yeah*. But now i have my first little newbie problems. How can i control the Sends D, Sends E, Sends F and so on in a track selection with the APC40? Because in the track control the layout is only for Send A, Send B and Send C and not more.

First i thought i´ve maybe to press Shift on the APC40 and then Send A for maybe a second bank like Send D and so on. But this doesn't work. So can someone please tell me how to use Send D and so on with the APC40? Must i programm / map that? Please not ;-)

Thanks in advance. Greets Andi

S4racen

Post by S4racen » Sun Feb 28, 2010 12:23 pm

Hi Andi,

CAn't be done with the standard mapping i'm affraid, you have to be creative and find some other way to do it... Are therte buttons you don;'t need for example?

Other than that you'll need a program like bomes or max4live to acheive it simply....

Cheers
D