All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1071 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72  Next
 Post subject: Re: APC 40 FAQs, features and questions
PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 8:37 pm 

Sorry if this has been covered:

I read that any button/knob/whatever on the apc40 can be mapped to any parameter. I have a beat repeat on every track. I never use the record arm buttons and wanted to have each one turn it's respective beat repeat on/off.

I went into regular old midi map mode. I clicked on the beat repeat's on/off button and then pushed that track's record arm button to assign it. It didn't link to the beat repeat on/off though- it simply armed the track.

Am I missing something?

PS...

Tried to link the master beat repeat on/off to the tap tempo button and... you guessed it: I changed the tempo...

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 8:48 pm 

you have to enable "remote" in the preferences

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 9:58 pm 

Is that the input port or output??

Thanks!!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 6:45 am 

input :)

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 1:52 pm 

Thanks for the info. It worked out. I'm using the main record button to turn on the master beat repeat. Problem is that MIDI note (A5) is also being sent to my ultranova. Anytime I hit beat repeat I get a sustained A5 from the Ultranova :?

More info:

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=167675

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 3:44 pm 

disabling "track" for the apc input should work

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 10:00 am 

Great idea Jesse FAQ that I've seen so far is really in details.I appreciate your effort and wish you best of luck for your APC.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 6:45 pm 

Sorry to inundate you guys with questions but this should be the last for a while. A have a strobe light hooked up to ableton via DMXIS. It works well but I would like to program a knob to send an emergency stop message to the strobe if things get out of hand.

Is there a way to make a knob (such as a knob in the pan bank) send a specific midi note (like C2) on a specific MIDI channel (like 16)? This would solve my woes.

Thanks!!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 8:47 am 

ianmgull wrote:
Sorry to inundate you guys with questions but this should be the last for a while. A have a strobe light hooked up to ableton via DMXIS. It works well but I would like to program a knob to send an emergency stop message to the strobe if things get out of hand.

Is there a way to make a knob (such as a knob in the pan bank) send a specific midi note (like C2) on a specific MIDI channel (like 16)? This would solve my woes.

Thanks!!

Yes, with Bomes or Max4live.... Or checkout controlaid which'll translate the original message... You cant edit the midi message the APC sends out but you can translate it...

Cheers
D

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 3:47 pm 

hi all,

i have a little problem with the apc-40, maybe someone can shed a light on this...

what i'm trying to achieve is to remap the "record arm" buttons to the "loop" function of the active track. so if a tune is playing in audio track 1 and i hit the respective button, it will be looped. the same goes for audio track 2, 3 and so forth...

i know i have to turn on "remote" in the preferences and i am actually able to map the buttons of the apc-40 (though the led doesn't quite respond the way i anticipated - from what i read this is another issue).

so far, this approach also works for the first track. however, if i try to map the second audio track to the second arm button, it sort of "overrides" the first one. if i look at the midi map within live, it apparently assigns the same note, in this case "1/c2" to both buttons, thus taking only the most recently mapped into account.

what irritates me, is that i'm not able to simply map each button to a certain function within live. am i missing something crucial here? is this even possible? the same happens with the launch pad buttons or the activators btw...

any help is appreciated.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 4:22 pm 

You need to understand the limitations of live, you can only map to the track thats actively in focus, when you change tracks and try mapping you are simply mapping the same destination.... It can't be done to have seperate buttons set to control the looping on seperate tracks without max4live....

Cheers
D

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 4:25 pm 

thanks for the quick reply. after my post, i kinda expected this myself, since mapping other functions outside the track itself did actually work.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 2:36 pm 

Hi guys, I'm new to the Apc40 and I'm experiencing a problem I'm guessing must have a simple solution: like a lot of people, I decided to map the Tap Tempo button to clip loop on/off and the nudge-/nudge+ buttons to loop start/length. I can reassign them with no problem in Ableton, but afterwards only the Tap Tempo will actually perform the reassigned function when I press it, the nudge buttons will not affect the loop position, even though they are remapped to do so. Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks in advance.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 11:16 pm 

When using those three options in Live, this is how I apply the effect:
I get to the point on a clip where I want to begin looping, so I hit the Start button (not Loop). This tells Live where the beginning of a loop will be. Then I wait a bit and hit End. This is when Live decides to go back to playing from the start point and we have a loop. The Loop button is only hit when I want to stop looping. Attempting to hit it in order to Start a loop without designating a start point can have unpredictable results. So keep those functions in mind, and it might work properly :). If you have different intentions, don't be afraid to post what you are going for.

Post subject: 64_40 script freezing and crashing ableton
PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 11:01 pm 

anyone using the Remote Script 64_40 , to make the apc40 into a step sequencer amoungst other things

suddenly mine now crashes ableton 100%. When using the apc40 in normal mode its fine but as soon as i switch to the apc64_40 scritp ion preferences ableton freezes then crashes

:(

any help appreciated

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1071 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72  Next