MIDI question

Share your favorite Ableton Live tips, tricks, and techniques.
Sepp Ultura

MIDI question

Post by Sepp Ultura » Wed Feb 04, 2009 3:12 pm

Hi Folks..

I use NI Reaktor 5 with Ableton Live and I have encountered the following problem:

If I create an empty MIDI track, I am able to send incoming MIDI-information to other tracks containing MIDI-instruments. But when I load a VST Synth onto the same MIDI track, this function disappears. And as Reaktor 5 is able to produce and send MIDI-information OUT, I would like to be able to use Reaktor as a MIDI-effect.

But as the MIDI-out function disappears as soon as I've loaded a VST plugin, I don't know how to do this. Any suggestions?

Cheers
Matt

Keddy

Post by Keddy » Wed Feb 04, 2009 3:40 pm

Use Reaktor's options to output data to IAC or Midi Yoke? I don't have Reaktor, so I don't know if you can do this, but that's how I would have programed it to work!
Inspiron 1520 - XP SP3 - Ableton Live7 - Reason 4 - M-Audio Axiom25 - Novation ReMote ZeroSL - Korg PadKontrol - M-Audio MobilePre - Ibanez SGR Bass - Hilo Ukulele

archetype303

Post by archetype303 » Wed Feb 04, 2009 4:33 pm

You can use the input choosers for a MIDI track to pull data from anywhere you want. Try exploring in the I/O section of a channel; you can find some complicated stuff.

Sepp Ultura

Post by Sepp Ultura » Wed Feb 04, 2009 9:42 pm

archetype303 wrote:You can use the input choosers for a MIDI track to pull data from anywhere you want. Try exploring in the I/O section of a channel; you can find some complicated stuff.
OK, this has sorted it out for me. It's a bit confusing that I have to chose the midi source and not the destination, but it works. That's what I wanted.

Thanks for your help!
Matt