[Poll] Mixing plugins (EQ, Reverb, Compressor, Spectrum)

Share your Ableton Live secrets here
dinaiz

[Poll] Mixing plugins (EQ, Reverb, Compressor, Spectrum)

Post by dinaiz » Fri Feb 27, 2009 11:35 pm

Hey guys !

I just would like to know your opinions about what's good in the VST pluggin world, for mixing (I'm talking about EQ, Reverb, Compressor, Spectrum, and maybe delay)

Do you use live built in effects ? Or do you use stuff like Waves ? And do you know some pluggins which have an outstanding quality, low cpu usage, and cheap price ? Haha I'm prob dreaming ! :-)

Superchibisan

Re: [Poll] Mixing plugins (EQ, Reverb, Compressor, Spectrum)

Post by Superchibisan » Sat Feb 28, 2009 12:51 am

ableton's plugs are sufficient :)

i used different reverb and compressors, but pretty much stick to ableton's stuff for mixing.

966sf

Post by 966sf » Sat Feb 28, 2009 8:54 am

If you can't make a good mix with Abe's built in plugs, then you probably can't make a good mix with Waves!

People spend too much money on plugins. They should just get good with what is given to them, which is a lot already when it comes to Ableton or Logic. Then they can take the money they save and spend it on a good summing amplifier and a good converter to run the output of the summing amp back into the computer. Now we're talking awesome mixes and the best of both analog and digital!

Your skills and wallet will thank you for it if you stick with Ableton plugs!
Macbook Pro 15" Core Duo 2.16ghz 2GB ram; Live 6.0.10; Live 7.0.7; Digi 003 Rack; Novation Remote Zero SL;Faderfox micromodul LC2, Korg Kontrol49; M-Audio Trigger Finger

inakiesarte

Post by inakiesarte » Sat Feb 28, 2009 1:41 pm

966sf wrote:If you can't make a good mix with Abe's built in plugs, then you probably can't make a good mix with Waves!

People spend too much money on plugins. They should just get good with what is given to them, which is a lot already when it comes to Ableton or Logic. Then they can take the money they save and spend it on a good summing amplifier and a good converter to run the output of the summing amp back into the computer. Now we're talking awesome mixes and the best of both analog and digital!

Your skills and wallet will thank you for it if you stick with Ableton plugs!

Agreed

DJMillsy

Post by DJMillsy » Sun Mar 01, 2009 11:01 am

Most of the plus in Ableton work very well although when it comes to EQ and Spectrum analysers if is nice to be able to see several on the screen at the same time for different tracks (as far as I know this is not possible in Ableton?). I like IIEQ Pro (free plug for EQ) and Voxengo Span (free spectrum analyser).

Might be a bit contreversial but i'm not really a fan of the Ableton compressor so use Fab Filters Pro C and get great results. (unfortunately not free :D )

It can also be nice to have a few reverbs in your collection, PSP Mix Verb is cheap and does a nice job and Audio Damage create some great plug in's that wont break the bank and can add some different options for your creativity.

suspended childhood

Post by suspended childhood » Sat Mar 14, 2009 9:59 pm

i agree with the above...try to play around with what you have first and get your desired results.

if you must spend money and want presets that are already created for you, try soime of these:

oxford dynamics
ArtsAcoustic Reverb
sonalksis sv315mk2
sonnox oxford limiter
John Deere 9860STS Hydraflex , 15" MBP 2.5 C2D 4 gigs RAM, 15" MBP 2.33 Dual Core 3 gigs ram, ultralite x2, MPD 32, Kontrol49, v4, CG-8, live 7, reason 4, Trilogy, MiniMonsta, Oddity, M8. http://www.myspace.com/robclay