Another Live Performance Question

Share your favorite Ableton Live tips, tricks, and techniques.
Offbeat Bureau

Another Live Performance Question

Post by Offbeat Bureau » Fri May 29, 2009 12:23 am

Kia Ora guys

The group of people I am collaborating with for the next wee while, are considering picking up Ableton for Live PA, and I had a few questions....

- What are Abletons capabilities within a setup that may utilise a number of different midi modules? Or is it more commonly used for delivery of pre-arranged audio files of whole/complete tracks, then sync'd through controllers? As with Pitch Blacks setup, it seems that they have effectively cut out alot of their hardware and simplified/streamlined things.

- Is the process of porting material across and into Ableton for live performance fairly straight forward, or does it require you to intergrate aspects of Ableton into the workflow of your current production techniques?

Most of these questions are in regards to performing electronic based music along the lines of triphop, downbeat, chill etc, and with a preference to want to Utilise certain outboard equipment.

Thanks

PS Thought Id edit down the length of the post. Got home from work and realised Id rushed through some crazy rant....it hurt my eyez to look at it 8O
Last edited by Offbeat Bureau on Fri May 29, 2009 5:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
SHADE (LIVE PA)
Triphop.Ambient.Downbeat.Abstract.Dubstep.Electronica
shadespace

Offbeat Bureau

Re: Live Performance: Using Ableton for this one purpose....

Post by Offbeat Bureau » Fri May 29, 2009 12:26 am

SHADE (LIVE PA)
Triphop.Ambient.Downbeat.Abstract.Dubstep.Electronica
shadespace