Cycling through clips...

Share your Ableton Live secrets here
sir_dss

Cycling through clips...

Post by sir_dss » Tue Jun 09, 2009 11:02 pm

I want to launch a clip on one track that will automaticly go into the next clip after the first one ends...or as many clips that are in that track. Can some one tell me how to set this up.

I think you can do this in Live but I cant seem to find it in the manual.

Thanks!

Bierman

Re: Cycling through clips...

Post by Bierman » Tue Jun 09, 2009 11:34 pm

follow actions.

click on the clip in question. look at the bottom of the screen, (make sure you're in clip view), and on the left hand side, there are three little circles with L, a stave, and E. Make sure L is selected/on.

this enables you to see launch options for that clip. under the 'launch' column that appears, you've got something says follow actions. in the first set of boxes, set the number of bars, beats and sixteenths you want the clip to play for, before going on to play the next clip. underneath you've got a drop-down menu where you can choose what happens once the time you set the clip to play for is up. in this case set it to next. leave the value to 1.

as long as there is a clip below it, the next clip will play after the time you allocate.

repeat the above steps obviously, or do whatever else you want with the follow actions feature!

sir_dss

Post by sir_dss » Wed Jun 10, 2009 12:06 am

Amazing...

Thanks so much for the info...London? Just saw a set by Teeth also from London and met him. Fantastic stuff.

Bierman

Post by Bierman » Wed Jun 10, 2009 12:14 am

hmm never heard of Teeth... what kind of music? will check it out.