Ableton live two outputs?

Share your favorite Ableton Live tips, tricks, and techniques.
yobi

Ableton live two outputs?

Post by yobi » Fri Jul 17, 2009 12:59 pm

Hi guys!

I have one problem when i make my live set.
Is there any chance to make ableton on separated chanels and to hear the next track that you want to play on headphones.Some people told me about soundcard that separates channels but i dont know any models.If anybody can help me, i'll be very happy.

Thanks in advance.

inakiesarte

Re: Ableton live two outputs?

Post by inakiesarte » Fri Jul 17, 2009 1:55 pm

you can do it if your sound card has two diff outputs

yobi

Post by yobi » Fri Jul 17, 2009 4:31 pm

Yeah mate, thanks:)

But i dont no how to configurate ableton to send each channel audio signal to different outputs :)

http://www.myspace.com/djyobie

miro

Post by miro » Fri Jul 17, 2009 5:08 pm

yobi wrote:Yeah mate, thanks:)

But i dont no how to configurate ableton to send each channel audio signal to different outputs :)

http://www.myspace.com/djyobie

this option will show up once you have a soundcard that has more than 1 stereo out!
once it's connected you will see the option on the masterbuss main out 1/2 and you can then select another output for the CUE OUT!

concept_control

Post by concept_control » Fri Jul 17, 2009 6:33 pm

Hey, following on from inakiesarte - You gotta set up your soundcard in the preferences, cmd+, then in Audio under inputs and outputs assign your stereo pairs.

Once that's done, you''l have access to them in the main I/O section of the session view - click the I/O button in the bottom right, and under master it'll have CUE OUT: and MASTER OUT: find out which stereo set is hooked to your phones and to your speakers and have a blast.