any thoughts with live looping

Share your favorite Ableton Live tips, tricks, and techniques.
eastwood770

any thoughts with live looping

Post by eastwood770 » Mon Jul 27, 2009 9:27 pm

I'm trying to figure out how to loop audio on the spot, but i cant figure out how to do it without roping an area off and right clicking and whatnot. I'm trying to figure out how i can do it in a way where i can control it with my mixer, and then exit a loop on the fly to be used in a live djing situation. any thoughts?

moxie38

Re: any thoughts with live looping

Post by moxie38 » Mon Jul 27, 2009 10:41 pm

I'm definitely not trying to be a dick , but there's about a kazillion posts on this forum about this kind of thing, especially with the looper function being added to Live 8 and your question is so vague and open ended it's probably not going to garner any very specific answers beyond "do a search on looping" and "RTFM". I'm saying this in order to be informative about why people might not be jumping on to answer you any time soon. It's not because people are haters, it's just that it sounds like you could spend some time diving into readily available info and then maybe form a more specific question.
Again, not trying to come across as a prick...
WE are the music makers and WE are the dreamers of dreams!
-Willy Wonka

acellular

Post by acellular » Tue Jul 28, 2009 9:43 pm

The easiest way to do it is down in the clip view. Hit set to start the loop and set (length) for the endpoint. Remember that the quanization will match the global up top.

zalo

Post by zalo » Wed Jul 29, 2009 5:07 am

audio effects > looper

eastwood770

Post by eastwood770 » Wed Jul 29, 2009 5:28 am

thanks for the tips i'l try it out, and thanks to moxie for wasting my time

moxie38

Post by moxie38 » Wed Jul 29, 2009 3:23 pm

Hey man, I said up front, I wasn't trying to be a dick. Seriously, I wish vocal tone could be conveyed with text. I guess that's what emoticons are for.
The only reason I said what I said was because in my own newbie status I've posted questions that didn't get much help immediately.(That doesn't include messages to Ableton's actual support--they've always responded quickly in my experience)_ After some time and research I realized some things I was asking were either too vague or addressed many times allready in this forum. I was trying to tell you not to get discouraged if you didn't get answers immediately or if you got the "rtfm" response.
There are a LOT of really helpful people on this forum. I was just trying to help you maybe frame your question better so that you could engage that help better. That's all dude. There was no sarcasm intended.
Listen, I'm loving Live and it sounds like we might be trying to do similar things with it. If you want to PM me to talk about it I'd be happy to share what bit of experience I've had with it so far. We all have little tidbits of info that can help each other.
Sorry man, I didn't mean to catch ya on the wrong side of the bed!
8O
-Willy Wonka

eastwood770

Post by eastwood770 » Wed Jul 29, 2009 7:49 pm

its cool, it came off kinda dickish but you seem alright and im really not pressed like that. i asked ableton support and they didnt really answer my question so i was kinda wtfing. its all good though :)

Jekblad

Post by Jekblad » Sat Aug 01, 2009 9:42 pm

rtfm

lolololoolol
j/k

here's how i roll, more of an overview, no specifics.
http://oakleafmusic.com/home/?page_id=37
2.4 ghz Macbook Pro 8gb RAM, SSD, Live 9 Suite, Puremagnetik, Minimal Talent

moxie38

Post by moxie38 » Thu Aug 06, 2009 6:57 pm

Jekblad wrote:rtfm

:lol:
:wink:
-Willy Wonka