individual channels pre fader sends???

Share your favorite Ableton Live tips, tricks, and techniques.
sun_in_aquarius

individual channels pre fader sends???

Post by sun_in_aquarius » Tue Aug 25, 2009 3:16 pm

is there a way to turn sends pre fader on individual channels instead of the whole send???

deviantcoil

Re: individual channels pre fader sends???

Post by deviantcoil » Thu Jan 21, 2010 4:33 pm

Each Aux Send has it's own pre/post setting, which is found in the Master track. For individual channels, setup two tracks with the same audio, have the Left channel go to Send A then the right channel to Send B, and adjust pre/post for each in Master track.

Scoox

Post by Scoox » Tue Aug 17, 2021 10:52 am

deviantcoil wrote:
Thu Jan 21, 2010 4:33 pm
Each Aux Send has it's own pre/post setting, which is found in the Master track. For individual channels, setup two tracks with the same audio, have the Left channel go to Send A then the right channel to Send B, and adjust pre/post for each in Master track.
I use this trick too, have return track named "DRY" with no FX on it, then I send for example some amount to the "Reverb" return track and some to the "DRY" return track to get the exact proportions of each. This means I also have to set the sending track to "Sends only" in order to disable output to the master track. This works but it's annoying that the level meters are blue. It also highlights a problem which is the fact that the pre/post setting should be per track, and not be applied to all tracks i.e. the way it works at the moment, which is frankly a joke. I don't even think anyone would use pre-fader the way it is implemented at this time, because it gives you no control.

[jur]
Site Admin

Post by [jur] » Fri Aug 20, 2021 1:43 am

Scoox wrote:
Tue Aug 17, 2021 10:52 am
that the pre/post setting should be per track, and not be applied to all tracks i.e.
Maxforlive to the rescue :wink:
Ableton Forum Moderator

Scoox

Post by Scoox » Fri Aug 20, 2021 8:06 am

[jur] wrote:
Fri Aug 20, 2021 1:43 am
Scoox wrote:
that the pre/post setting should be per track, and not be applied to all tracks i.e.
I kinda new to Live, got my license a couple of weeks ago. Do you have any links to how this would be done? Thanks

[jur]
Site Admin

Post by [jur] » Mon Sep 06, 2021 12:58 am

Scoox wrote:
Fri Aug 20, 2021 8:06 am
[jur] wrote:
Fri Aug 20, 2021 1:43 am
Scoox wrote:
I kinda new to Live, got my license a couple of weeks ago. Do you have any links to how this would be done? Thanks
Do you have M4L?
Ableton Forum Moderator