Not enough memory :((((

Share your favorite Ableton Live tips, tricks, and techniques.
bLumEi

Not enough memory :((((

Post by bLumEi » Thu Sep 03, 2009 3:31 pm

Hi,

When I try to render my golden piece of music out of ableton, it stops at 100% telling me that there's not enough memory, and I should save me Project and close live :(

What can I do except of buying more RAM?

I tried to render just half of the track, and then the other half. But also here I'm runing into the same problem.

Audio freezing/consolidation is almost not possible as I have lot of compressor/gating sidechaining running.

Any Ideas?

And one last question: Whats the difference between rendering the master track, and resampling on an audiotrack when playing my song?

tänx & cheers,

bLumEi

Re: Not enough memory :((((

Post by bLumEi » Fri Sep 04, 2009 8:09 am

anyone an idea?:(

angrymonkey2

Post by angrymonkey2 » Fri Sep 04, 2009 8:16 am

Rent a studio or find a friend with another DAW, like protools. Then run each track individually, solo, out of your computer creating new tracks on another fully capable computer and go from there. In the end you might be able to get a different perspective on your mix, make a few changes then bounce a complete master from Protools.

This is what I would do.

Just make sure your tracks are running hot, but not too hot.

capo-wear-i

Post by capo-wear-i » Fri Sep 04, 2009 9:52 am

bLumEi wrote:Hi,

When I try to render my golden piece of music out of ableton, it stops at 100% telling me that there's not enough memory, and I should save me Project and close live :(

What can I do except of buying more RAM?

I tried to render just half of the track, and then the other half. But also here I'm runing into the same problem.

Audio freezing/consolidation is almost not possible as I have lot of compressor/gating sidechaining running.

Any Ideas?

And one last question: Whats the difference between rendering the master track, and resampling on an audiotrack when playing my song?

tänx & cheers,
Post yr system specs, Live version, memory, VSti's used etc...

Hard to give advice without this info

bLumEi

Post by bLumEi » Fri Sep 04, 2009 1:15 pm

oh sorry.

Live 7.0.10 (something there, I am at the office right now..)

cpu specs:

AMD dual core 1.7 ghz
RAM ~1.7 GB

Vsts Used :

Moog, Micromoon, PSP VintageWarmer 2, all other FX from Live.

feyshay

Post by feyshay » Fri Sep 04, 2009 5:56 pm

I've had that problem on occasion with a dual core with 2Gigs of RAM. That is when doing very complicated songs (with 50 tracks and about 75-100 scenes). Sometimes if you freeze the tracks, it worsens the problem. (I've gotten a not enough memory error in the midst of freezing.) However, you could consider freezing and then flattening (saving the prior version so that you can always go back).
For the side compression, you could always bounce the output and then turn off those tracks.
This will have to be what you need to do until Ableton improves this problem (previously posted about) or you get Windows 7 with greater GB of RAM.
Also, if using sample libraries, try going with the 16bit version.