axiom49+ ableton

Share your favorite Ableton Live tips, tricks, and techniques.
blingstef

axiom49+ ableton

Post by blingstef » Sun Sep 27, 2009 6:30 pm

HI

Can I affect my axiom controllers to some vst's, effects, knobs so the next time I load them into a live track the axiom recognizes the effect or plug ins? In this case I will not have to re-affect the knobs again.

In other words I want for instance to load preset 1 (out of 19 presets on the axiom), affect some vst or effect (let say compressor) controls to the knobs of the axiom and save it on preset 1; so the next time I load compressor in another session or in another track, I will still have the same affectation.

thx for your answers
kickiest kicks with the snariest snares
http://www.dsidemusic.com,
m-audio axiom49, ableton live 7.0.12, m-audio projectmix I/O.

gjm

Re: axiom49+ ableton

Post by gjm » Sun Sep 27, 2009 10:22 pm

blingstef wrote:In other words I want for instance to load preset 1 (out of 19 presets on the axiom), affect some vst or effect (let say compressor) controls to the knobs of the axiom and save it on preset 1; so the next time I load compressor in another session or in another track, I will still have the same affectation.
I don't think you can do this in Live with Lives effects and devices. Live will remember the mapping when you reload a set already previously mapped, but you can't premap an Audio/MIDI effect at the browser level so that upon choosing it and dropping it into a new set it already mapped when you choose the preset from the Axiom.

You can however create an effect rack which includes an effect where you pre map the faders or rotaries, so that when using (I think preset 17), its already mapped to your faders and knobs of choice when dropping it in. This way it is always available in a pre mapped mode and gets the same result you are looking for.

Look up Racks in the manual.

And, someone correct me if I am wrong.
iMac - 10.10.3 - Live 9 Suite - APC40 - Axiom 61 - TX81z - Firestudio Mobile - Focal Alpha 80's - Godin Session - Home made foot controller

blingstef

Re: axiom49+ ableton

Post by blingstef » Mon Sep 28, 2009 3:09 am

thx @gjm I will try that
kickiest kicks with the snariest snares
http://www.dsidemusic.com,
m-audio axiom49, ableton live 7.0.12, m-audio projectmix I/O.