APC40 and Clips

Share your favorite Ableton Live tips, tricks, and techniques.
ionic

APC40 and Clips

Post by ionic » Fri Oct 02, 2009 6:36 pm

ok, here's my problem: i want my apc40 grid to display a grid solely of one track ao i can see all the clips that are in e track so i can them. Only being able to trigger from a choice of 5 clips is very limiting.. .thanks so much for the help!

another: i want to create dummy clips for each effect on the track. basically, i want to be able to automate the chorus with one dummy clip and use a completely different dummy clip to automate the flanger? see what i mean? currfently i have to draw the automation for each effect in every dummy clip... i want to mash up my dummies.

lastly, do you guys know how to record automation into a clip ass opposed to arrangement view?

last one. does anybody know about advanced macro programming for instrument racks? basically, want to set a macro to modulate a parameter on my effects but turn off the effect once it hits 0 on the macro.

love+light

S4racen

Re: APC40 and Clips

Post by S4racen » Fri Oct 02, 2009 7:38 pm

ionic wrote:ok, here's my problem: i want my apc40 grid to display a grid solely of one track ao i can see all the clips that are in e track so i can them. Only being able to trigger from a choice of 5 clips is very limiting.. .thanks so much for the help!
Max4Live..... Access to mapping the clips across the APC is evident in the early stages....
ionic wrote: another: i want to create dummy clips for each effect on the track. basically, i want to be able to automate the chorus with one dummy clip and use a completely different dummy clip to automate the flanger? see what i mean? currfently i have to draw the automation for each effect in every dummy clip... i want to mash up my dummies.
Have a seperate channel per effect, look up the mega set by Tom Cosm and you'll get the idea, mental mashing available, i love it!!!
ionic wrote: lastly, do you guys know how to record automation into a clip ass opposed to arrangement view?
Can't be done currently....

last one. does anybody know about advanced macro programming for instrument racks? basically, want to set a macro to modulate a parameter on my effects but turn off the effect once it hits 0 on the macro.

love+light[/quote]

You can do this with bomes, but it seems virtually impossible with the native mapping function, have you tried changing the values that the knob controls for the device on off function?

Cheers
D